So today, at 6 w and 1 day pregnant, I began having sharp, stabbing, albeit sporadic, pains in my left fallopian tube area. I can say for sure it is in the area of my fallopian tube because: 1. I have had an ectopic pregnancy in my right fallopian tube before and 2. It is exactly beneath my incisions from my both of lap. procedures, one of which was when my right fallopian tube was removed.
Given my history with the damage to my fallopian tubes, I was well aware going into IVF there was a greater risk for me to have another ectopic or heterotopic pregnancy. For those that many not know, a heterotopic pregnancy is when there is a normal pregnancy in the uterus and there is also a second pregnancy outside of the uterus, 85% of which are in one of the fallopian tubes, Well, I only have one fallopian tube, THE LEFT ONE! AND we transferred two embryos. You connect the dots.
I am desperately trying not to be overly concerned. However, another concern that I feel cannot be overlooked is that my RE does not do embryo transfers with ultrasound guidance, only with " clinical touch" after he makes notes from your trial transfer. I asked where the sono was before my transfer and he said he does not believe their use is always warranted. I sure hope he put those embryos in the correct spot and not too near my left fallopian tube, giving it a greater chance to "wander".
I am praying, praying the pains go away and do not progress. My ectopic was so so painful, both physically and emotionally. I don't know that I could endure having to lose my other tube through another surgery, endure the loss of another baby, and only have a 66% chance that my uterine pregnancy would continue to advance after I had to undergo surgery.
You better bet I will be calling my RE first thing Monday morning or before then it the pain becomes more painful or more consistent.
May God heal whatever it is that I'm feeling and provide us with an overwhelming peace that only He can provide.
Hopefully it is nothing more than a stretching growing uterus! Praying for great news from your ultrasound this week!!!
ReplyDelete