Monday, August 8, 2011

I believe the nausea is here to stay

For the last 10 days or so I have been having nausea. Nothing that causes me to actually throw up, but just enough to make me feel really ill, have sweats, and not want to do anything other than lay on the couch with cold air blowing on my face. So far it comes and goes throughout the day, with no real pattern. It doesn't last for a very long time, but I'm very aware of it when it comes. I have also noticed that when I'm hungry a huge wave of nausea hits me, and usually, after a few bites of something, I feel much better. Weird, I know. I doesn't keep me from eating, actually quite the opposite, I'm eating like a freak! I was seriously told by a friend today that " she can see a little baby belly." What??!! I'm 6.5 weeks!! Okay, we all know this is code for, " Kristen, you're looking like you've gained a few." If she did not know I was pregnant this comment would have never been said. Why is it that she thought she could get away with this comment and covertly pass it off as a "pregnancy comment". Please.

A few other things I've noticed is that I do have very strong isolated cravings for certain things. I don't want to fall into the whole pregnancy craving cliche thing, as I don't know if it's really pregnancy related or just in my head. But I'm not talking about pickles and icecream here, I'm talking about more normal things,  like ," I need movie theatre popcorn now." Or how the thought of Jack in a Box's jalepeno poppers literally makes me salivate just thinking about them, which then makes me drive waaay out of the way to get them. And when I eat, boy do I eat. It's bad. I need to start controlling this early.

 I have also noticed that I'm sooo tired by 7 or 8pm. Like I could pass out without washing my face or brushing my teeth and sleep for the next 24 hours. And for anyone who knows me well, not taking off my makeup or brushing my teeth every night...and flossing....is unthinkable!

This is about it so far. I have no idea if these things are in my head or are real. But, placebo affect or not, this is what I'm feeling on a day-to-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment