I certainly wish there was more to tell from this week. I don't "feel" pregnant, as I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. But I have to keep reminding myself that most people, those who do not belong to the land of the infertile, may not even know they are pregnant quite yet at this point. I am soo newly pregnant, only 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I keep praying that our little bean (s) are in there furiously working to grow and be healthy, which keeps them so busy they can't send us a post card to let us know they are still in there.
However, there are lots of other ways I DO know I'm pregnant. This takes shape by dozens and dozens of limitations in effort to be the very best mommy incubator I can be in an effort to grow perfectly healthy beans (s). As soon as I saw our babies' first picture, I was instantly in love. And what's the best way to show love, people? ACT IT! I certainly have no problem doing this for our babies.
I don't drink any caffeine drinks
I contine to drink my normal amount of 1 gallon of H20 a day
I limit my sugar content
I have greatly limited my dairy content, but I also supplement with Calcium
I load up on yogurt, avocados, almonds, and fruits
I am limiting fast food to a minimum
I do not go around any smoking at all
I avoid touching or breathing cleaning chemicals
I avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting
I am no longer using any face products that may pose any danger to our babies
I am watching what kind of seafood I eat
I have been avoiding taking bathes
I am focusing on staying as peaceful and relaxed as I can
I am not a super nutty person about organic stuff, but I do prefer organic meats and fruits/veggies, so we continue to eat these three organic items
Trying to cook most things we eat and avoid a lot of processed items with tons of preservatives
No alcohol at all
No cholocate as it has caffeine
No more Brazilian BlowOut to kee my hair straight...( sooo sad!)
No sugar substitutes
... this is all I can readily think of at the moment ..
Is it weird that I am praying for pregnancy symptoms? Remind me of this when I am sicker than a dog. On a side note, I should probably mention that I am a proponnet in the study of fetal origins. This is a relatively new area of study that has made enormous breakthroughs in the realm of explaining why we as humans partially are the way we are. This area of study proposes that so much of why we are the children and adults we are is because of what happens to us while in the whomb. From emotional experiences the mother goes through while pregnant, what the mother eats, the weight of the mother, whether babies in the whomb are exposed to certain sounds, etc. The book Origins is amazing.
I should probably also mention that this is not some new book or new platform I'm sitting on simply because we are newly pregnant. I have subscribed to many of the beliefs held by fetal origins scientists for some time. I have also been preparing for our childrens' arrival for a long time. I have an entire drawer filled with jotted down notes, ideas, wishes, and preferences regarding everything from ideal birthing plans, baby names, doula references, pictures and momentos from our infertility journey and also prayers and letters written to our future children. I have long had set ideas about what being pregnant means to me and what kind of pregnant and non-pregnant mom I will be.
We'll see how closely the actual matches all of my wishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment