Sunday, July 24, 2011

BLEEDING! O.M.G!

So two days ago I started bleeding/spotting. This was 8dp5dt.  It was more than spotting, but less than a full period. It happened while I was working at the doggie daycare--being active and working in the heat, although I can't say if this was the cause. Anyway, I knew something was up as soon as it started, it just felt different. So I hurried to the bathroom and was crushed when I saw A LOT of brown bleeding. At some point within the hour there was also some brighter red bleeding. Okay, now I was truly terrified and thought surely I was starting to miscarry. OMG! Is this really happening to me??!! I was CRUSHED, WORRIED, ANXIOUS, EMOTIONAL, and ...just a mess.

I immediately called my IVF nurse. I know she has heard this a million times from a bazillion women; therefore, she was pretty passive. I am trying not to sound like a crazy freak on the phone, but she can tell I'm worried. She says it could be many different things and there is no way to know what's causing the bleeding. Therefore, I just have to wait for my beta: THREE DAYS FROM NOW and monitor the bleeding and call her daily with updates. I'm thinking this counds crazy. I mean, what if I'm just in need of more progesterone to keep my lining in, which they can give me. This would be an easy fix. So why would I basically take the chance to bleed everything out and possibly lose the preganncy while I'm waiting on my beta.

I stick it out at work a few more hours until closing time. But, of course, this is aaaalllll I can think about. Once I get home I have now also seen red spotting and have cramping. These are new since talking to my nurse. I talk it over with the husband and he too seems to follow my thoughts on the progesterone. It crushes me even more that he looks so upset and worried.  So he asks me to call my doctor after hours to get his thoughts.

I call the doctor, the associate doctor, and he says that it can be anything from a chemical pregnancy, a blood clot in the uterus, implantation blood from twins implanting, which apparently causes more bleeding, or it could be that two babies implanted, but now we are losing one. He said the only way to know anything is to assess serial betas. I press my concern over the low preogesterone being the culprit. He doesn't think this is it, but he said I could certainly up my dosage just to be sure. He said that if I'm still bleeding when I go in for my beta in two days then they will put me on injectable progesterone. He also moved my beta date up by a day. So now I only have to wait two days instead of three. This is better than nothing. All-in-all, he doesn't seem overly concerned either. This makes me feel better. He was really nice about it all.  He also said to stay off my feet and not do anything that requires standing for long periods of time or being in the heat for an extended period of time.

So I stayed on bed rest for two days, upped my progesterone, and cancelled work for the rest of the week. Just taking it easy.  There was not any remarkable blood that evening or the next day after bed rest. I sure hope it was just implantation blood making its way out and nothing more, which I really believe it was.  So so grateful it stopped. Thank you, Lord. This is a true blessing. I'm too much of a nervous nelly to have any complications in this arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment