Sunday, July 24, 2011

Twins?

So is it wrong to wish for twins? Is that being greedy, especially coming from an infertile woman who can barely get pregnant anyway?? I can't help it, we would looooove twins!! My frugal husband says getting twins is more bang for the buck. Nice, hunny.

I don't want wishing for twins to take away any excitement from having one happy, healthy baby. Does this make sense? It's like I don't want to short change our single baby by being disappointed there isn't two. But God has already determined this for us, we just have to wait a bit longer to find out what his decision is. ...back to the theme of my life...waiting. LOL

Having my first beta at 222 is a little below average for a twin pregnancy. Most would be 300 and above. But there are certainly women who have similar numbers and carried twins. If it's just one baby, then it's a high number for a single. And that makes me feel the pregnancy is "healthier". So that's certainly a good thing.

I don't know if this is just apart of my imagination, but the day that I got my first BFP ( Big Fat Positive) on a HPT I felt VERY obvious recurrent pinches/stabs in two different distinct locations in my uterus throughout the entire day. One one the left side and one on the right. Not sure if this was two babies getting hooked in, or just pulls and adjustements in the uterus after newly becoming pregnant. I have no idea, but I'm going to go with the belief that two babies were snuggling in...at least for now. No such pains since then.

My ultimate prayer is for a HEALTHY pregnancy for me and baby ( ies) with no complications . This is a prayer that I have prayed a million times. I know there are a bazillion things that can go wrong between now and 9 months from now...seriously a bazallion. It truly is a divine intervention when babies come into this world...especially healthy. May God keep his hand upon the sweet babies he has given us and protect all three of us from any harm. CHEERS to a happy and healthy 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment