So today is 10dp5dt ( 10 days past a five day transfer). This essentially means 15 days after "ovulation" in a normal cycle. Soo....I have ANXIOUSLY awaited this moment for a loooong time. But more recently, I have been waiting for this day for the last 8 weeks. So so glad it's finally here. All the waiting that's involved with living an infertile life is horrendous. I know God has been trying to teach me patience for some time, but did he have to go to this extreme?! hahaha..
So I scheduled the appointment for bright and early: 8:00am. I was even there early today. I was in and out pretty quickly. Now for the long drive back home and ....MORE WAITING! So my nurse tells me that they hope to be out of the office today by noon, so I would hear something before then. Okay, so I'm thinking this sounds doable, only a few hours of waiting.
So Kevin and I make plans to meet for lunch at 1130am. I was really hoping to have results to share with him over lunch, but 11:30 comes and goes. And noon comes and goes. ..Hmm....I can't even focus on our lunch! Kevin really wants to know the results too so he tells me to call the office to see if they have them yet. I just keep envisioning the nurses rushed to get out of the office early on their half day and forgetting to call me. So I cave and call my nurse at 12:20.
She picks up the phone and says, " How did you know I was just about to call you." She then goes on to say, " Well, CONGRATULATIONS! You are very pregnant! Your beta is 222. This is an excellent number and indicates a nice, strong pregnancy. " Yea!! Yea!! Yea!!! ..and Yea again!! I then ramble on a bit in all of my excitement but get around to asking her if this looks like a single baby number, to which she replies, " yes". But she said the true test on determining if this is a twin pregnancy will be subsequent betas. Twin betas usually double faster than the average, which is every 48 hours. So we will get more insight on Monday after my second beta. More waiting! And then...waiting for three weeks after this for our first ultra sound to see if we can find heart beats. ...ahh...the waiting. :) But I would do it all a million times over for our babies. We also have decided not to share the news with too many people. We will make that determination after we have our first sonogram in three weeks to look for heart beats.
Kevin and I are over the moon! Kevin immediately sent out updates to his guy friends who have been praying for us. WHOOOOO HOOOOOO! I do have to say I was looking forward to a glass of wine, as I have really been missing it, but I will take being pregnant over wine any day!
God is sooooo good! Lord, I pray that our sweet baby beans hold on tight and don't let go. Praying for a happy and stress-free pregnancy with healthy babies. Thank you, thank you, thank you to our God. Every good thing is a gift from God and our babies are no exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment