Friday, September 2, 2011

So Tired

So there is not much to this entry other than  sharing that I am always soo tired. Not so much that I can always pass out and sleep at anytime of the day tired, but like seriously unmotivated 'tired'. For anyone that knows me well, I have a very intricate scheduling system/planner that I utilize every single day, no matter what's on the agenda---and the agenda gets done everyday, with very few exceptions. This is a trademark of my 'Modified Type A Personality' as I was told by our counselor.

However, for the last month, not even my faulty brain wiring can overcome my insane lack of motivation. It is seriously a chore to feed our dogs breakfast. I literally have to sit down, process that act of feeding them, give myself a pep talk, and I ultimately begrudgingly get up and get the task done as quickly as possible.

At first I was worried I was feeling depressed. After all, isn't a lack of motivation what all the depression medication commercials always say is one of the cornerstones of first identifying depression. :)  But as I gave it more thought, I'm not depressed. I feel good in the head and in the mind. I just can't will myself to do anything. It's so weird, as it's so uncharacteristic of me.

So until it fades I'm telling myself it's all due to me growing fingers and toes with fingernails and a fully functioning heart inside my body.  I think I may need to come up with a different excuse next time I need my husband to cook dinner though. I think he is burned out on that one. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment