This is totally TMI, but I must chronicle this aspect of being pregnant so I can laugh at myself later. It has become grossly apparent I skipped over reading about this part of pregnancy in all of my books and today I discovered an egregious travesty being committed against my body.
Are you ready for this? Drum roll, please.....Today while changing into my cute new workout clothes I found it..them. I was in shock. I am growing dark hair all around my belly button, above my belly button, and BELOW my belly button! Hello!--I never read in any of my books that I would turn into a man beast with a happy trail! EEWWWW! Within moments I had my hands on my trusty tweezers. I think I will wax this mess in the future, but with such short notice this was the best solution to get rid of this hideousness immediately.
The second task on the agenda was to Google what I had found to see if I was a lone anomaly. Apparently..NOT. There are tons of women who testify to being just as grossed out as I was by finding the exact same thing on their own bodies. You always hear that your hair will grow luscious and thick while pregnant because the hormones change how long each individual hair stays in a resting phase. Apparently this also means that with a higher than normal androgen level circulating from pregnancy, you also grow luscious, thick hair IN NEW SPOTS, TOO!
All I can say is gross. I was totally appalled. Lord, please don't let anymore new hairs pop up!
No comments:
Post a Comment