Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Brings New Things

This Labor Day had a rough start, but we figured things out and ended up having an awesome weekend. Kevin and I had a great weekend that was full of errands, relaxation, quality time spent with the granimals, and also some newness.

One of the first aspects of "newness" was that Kevin built a new dog ramp to assist our four-legged babies hop on and off the bed easier. We really wanted something more size appropriate because one of our big girls has two bum hips and one of our little guys is old and has sticks for legs. I often imagine hearing one of his little legs snapping in two as I watch him jump off the bed.

The New Ramp! ( We have it temporarily sitting on a dog blanket just to be sure the new stain doesn't harm the carpet)

I had full intention of uploading a video of the dogs learning to navigate the new ramp, but, again, blogspot won't upload my video.



The other "newness" is Eli's new haircut! It's certainly not perfect, as I was the groomer, but Eli and I worked well together. While Kevin worked in the garage in the BEAUTIFUL weather building the dog ramp, I brought all of my supplies to the garage floor and prepared the stage. It worked out perfectly as Kevin and I could listen to some good music together and chit chat while we both got things accomplished.

 Eli is always great for his grooms, and this weekend was no exception. He actually was better than usual, as it was apparent he loved the cool garage floor. He laid down about half of the time and let me work on one side of him, then I'd flip him to work on the other side. He is soo dang cute! 

The one thing I didn't account for was the wind this weekend. By the end of grooming hour I was covered in dog hair, and I mean covered, as was Eli. So it was straight to the shower for Eli, then straight to the shower or Mom after we were all done.

Here is my little man looking handsome..



This was a great weekend! The beautiful weather, of course, didn't hurt. It actually helped to make this weekend perfect. The dogs loved being able to get out and walk on the cement without having their pads seared off. It was also awesome to have the windows opened in the house which allowed for some much needed fresh air to circulate through. I looove the smell of fresh air!

 I also got a toooo cute new workout outfit (hahaha, I say workout outfit. Funny joke. I don't work out, I walk slowly on the treadmill.) But it's equally important to look great while walking on the treadmill while your home alone in the guest room of your house, right?  I'm sad the holiday weekend is gone, but I guess that's what makes holiday weekends so special--- there isn't too many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment