Thursday, June 30, 2011

Busy, Busy

As you may know Kevin and I are smack in the middle of our IVF cycle, which is consuming a lot of our time...I mean my time... and most of my valuable brain cells. So if I'm not worried about follicles, estrogen levels, or getting to my every other day appts ( which takes me two hours round trip), then I do actually have a life. I know, hard to believe.

I actully started working for a local doggie daycare close to our home, which is also the doggie daycare that one of our dogs goes to. Eli has been attending this daycare for about two years so I have become friends with the owner. So about a month ago I asked the owner if I could come and help out a couple days a week. Coincidentally, I started this new venture the same week I started my IVF cyle..not sure if this was the brightest idea, as some of the meds literally make you forgetful and ridiculously stupid. As they were training me at the daycare I had to ask three times how exactly they washed the tennis balls. Answer:  "We put them in the washer at the end of the day....for the third time." Yea, I've had brigher moments. Arg!

The daycare is also where a wonderful dog bite was bestowed upon me today. I realized in this moment that I've officially crossed over. Not sure where I've crossed over, but I know it's someplace far out. My first thought when I saw blood running down my leg was, " crap, I'm gonna be so ticked if this gets infected and the infection interrupts my body's ability to grow awesome eggs the rest of the week." Wow. My body has definitely been hijacked by a combo of hormones and a sad, debilitating past of fertility failures. Either way, I now have a nasty dog bite that could probably benefit from being closed with a stitch (it's deeper than it looks!)...if it wasn't a dog bite ( too much bacteria in there to close it up)..and a really, really painful calf muscle. I certainly wasn't planning on adding 'wound care' to the list of to-do's during this IVF cycle.



But I also wasn't expecting to have to worry about going on job interviews either. I mean, I knew I was applying for jobs, but I have had a less than desirable call-back rate thus far, so I was really planning on coasting through the next 7 weeks with not much else to think about other than our IVF cycle. That's what I get for thinking---I had one interview last week and I have another one with a different agency next week. The one next week will be right at the end of my stimming, which means I will be about as doped up as I can be on hormones, I'll have an estrogen level that's through the roof, and I'll have swollen, painful ovaries that cause abdominal bloating and discomfort. This is exactly what I pictured for a first interview. I wonder if I should use this as an icebreaker...

....And it's my husband's 30th birthday friend get-together this weekend. But I'm really excited about his birthday weekend and I'll make sure to make it as special and great as possible for him. I love, love my honey.

Life doesn't stop does it? Just gotta learn to roll with it and go with the flow. Funny joke, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment