My long road home is a living work in my life. I hope to find strength, wisdom, and a true acceptance and love of the person that God created me to be. There is so much in life that can muddle and crowd out God's goodness. On my long road home it is my prayer that God will impart his know-how for my life through all of my hurts and victories.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Relaxation and Fur Children
So today was a good day. I had a few things to do, but I could have put them all off if I really wanted to. I stayed in the AC as much as possible today, as it was HOT. It was already 93 degrees by 930am. Wow. But I will take heat over cold any day of the year. So me and the granimals hung out and had a great day together. I love my dogs. We have four. We have Julian, my first born son, a chihuahua; Glory Lynn, a terrier mix; Kelsey, a boxer mix; and Eli, a brussels griffon/pug mix. For all intents an purposes these guys are my children. I love these babies! They are a hand full and require a lot from us, but for all of you who own animals, you know how much animals give to you. They give you no privacy, a reduction in the bank account, tons of hair all over everything, logistical difficulties when planning an out of town trip and the list goes on an on. But it's all worth it because it's my personal belief that animal lovers are the best kind of people on the face of the Earth. But I know I'm a little biased. They help me with dishes, they help me carry things, they know how to carry their weight in the household. They also helped me cook meatloaf for Kevin tonight, as we wait for him to get home from school after a 14 hour day. Yea! Kevin will be done with school in August! Life is good. It's definitely never lonely with granimals in the house. For anyone who wants a furry friend in the their life, consider adoption. There really is a so-called "Green Mile" for animals at animal shelters. And until you have walked a dog down that path as they lick your face, you will never know the greatness of deciding to adopt and not purchase your furry friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment