Okay, so here we are beginning our first IVF cycle. Super scary! I can't help but realize there is a year and a half of failed attempts, a heck of a lot of money, and our last resort to achieving pregnancy all on the line. Of course we can always do IVF again should this attempt not work, but given that our money tree in the backyard has not taken root, and since we live in the real world, as does our bank account, I'm not sure that it is in the cards unless something miraculous happens in the very near future.
So we had our IVF consult with our RE a few months ago, but wanted to do an IUI in February before moving ahead. And, as I've mentioned, that IUI cycle set us back big time. So this is our month. We had out first ' we're starting the IVF cycle' appt. a few days ago with our RE. Kevin and I have completed all of the testing that is required before moving forward with an IVF cycle and it looks like we're all clear from all major diseases, so we begin. WhooHoo!
Had my first sonogram of the cycle this weekend and yet again got to track my lovely antral follicles. Kevin joined, of course, and we got the official word on our IVF protocol. I had to start my BCP yesterday and I'm axioulsy awaiting starting my Lupron injections---not really. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the process. Call me a negative person, but who wouldn't be after like a bazillion failed attempts. There are so many things that could not pan out in this crazy, expensive attempt at pregnancy. Granted, our chances hover somewhere around 60% at becoming pregnant, but am I wrong to notice that there is still a 40% chance I will be staring at yet another pregnancy test with only one line?
So I go back in 7 days for my 'Trial Transfer' where we go through our mock insemination. I was hoping that I did not have to do anything else in this dang process that was the least bit uncomfortable unless I was fully sedated. As a dutiful blogger now, I also have to tell you that we have to hand over our very large payment on this day, too. I guess I need to start talking very sweetly to our bank account now. So here begins our 7 week IVF cycle. I really can't believe we are here. Is this really our journey? Really? Since we're being honest, there are many days that I still don't want this journey. But the bottom line is that it is our journey so we own it. And it is a journey that I get to share with the love of my life. Now this is something worth being ubber grateful for. May the Lord bless our lives with a healthy pregnancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment