What finally happened, you ask?
I FINALLY gave in and became slightly okay with Preston getting his first haircut < sniff sniff>. I held on as long as I could, two years. But the boy was looking a little ragged. Annnnnd with a second birthday just around the corner, I thought it was time to clean the boy up.
I practiced with Preston the entire week before his big Saturday haircut with mock at-home haircuts to get hims used to sitting up in the chair and having scissors near his face. It paid off.
Mr. Preston was a haircut rockstar. He did refuse to wear the cape, but he sat up in his airplane chair ( we took him to a fun kiddo hair salon), and he played with all the fun stuff the stylist had for kiddos, and got his very first haircut like a champ. I was so proud!
So now he looks like a little man! Whoa, the change! So sad to see him growing up, but so fun to be experiencing all of these big moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment