Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Two Lovelies

These two boys have to be some of the cutest little dudes around, I tell ya. Thank goodness, too, because I'm feeling a little ick today. So much so that I'm shoveling cookies in to my mouth as I type. Blah. I know Chips A Hoy eater's remorse will soon follow. Double ick.

The boys are great. Preston is living up to the label ' terrible twos' fabulously. If I hear, " NOOOOOO, ME, ME, ME, ME" or incessant whining any more today I will surely turn totally gray by the time I finally make it to the bed for the night. Ooooh the autonomy and independence. Whew! It doesn' help he is also cutting his two year old molars. It's like a cruel joke played on millions on parents to have all of it hit them at once.

I would write that Preston 'enjoyed' his first gymnastics class last Saturday, but there was no enjoyment...for any of us, including his classmates. To say Preston had a melt down is an understatement. As a dutiful Mom I brought along the camera to take pictures of him bouncing around and loooving his first experience with other kids while jumping around. Well, I got no pictures. Kevin has planned to take the class with him as one parent is required to, but we ended up having to switch off, as Preston was a screaming hot mess. I know he must have been overwhelmed  and scared by all the directions, having a teacher and classmates in this huge gym with tons of other kids, but what came across was a screaming, throwing himself down on the floor, not listening to any direction, and screaming , " NOOOO!" over and over and over and over kid...for an hour. We were not prepared. We all left there exhausted, and admittedly a little let down. We were encouraged by other parents and them letting us know that their kids did the same the first few classes, and for us to keep coming. Whew! Thank goodness this will be a planned Daddy and Preston class. :)
Preston's birthday party is next weekend! We will be making some final preparations this weekend. His party will be at an indoor playland---which we're kind of rethinking now considering the gym experience. We may be in trouble. Hope things go much better!

Brooks is a growing little man! He is just daaaaarling, yall! He looks so much like Preston in some ways, and then totally different in others. I love that he is starting to smile and openly respond to stimuli with cooing and baby laughs. Melts my heart. He is now sleeping on his belly, he sleeps much better, and this week I've started putting him in the cosleeper that attaches to the side of the bed. I think we're both sleeping a lot better. I'm still waking him up at no more than the four hour mark to nurse at night---I know, I know, I so don't have to do this now, but I'm fearful of him sleeping through the night just yet or going long stretches because I really want to safeguard my milk supply, since it's not what it was with Preston. But after his 2 month check up, if he's still gaining like a champ, I'll stop with setting the nighttime alarms. I'm ready for more sleep, for sure! He is still taking a bottle from Dad at least every other night, and things are going okay there. I did take him to the chiropractor this week and got him a good adjustment, it seems to be helping his tummy trouble. Side note, I also go adjusted since I haven't been yet after delivery, AND MY PELVIC BONE WAS AN INCH OFF--Like one leg was sitting an inch longer than the other. The pelvic bone obviously moves and separates during delivery, but mine didn't go all the way back in place. No wonder I was having some pain down there!

Okay, gotta run, I have a fussy baby and Daddy calling. Much love to you guys.

Here are some pics to get you through the weekend. :)  23.5 months and 7 weeks! I  can't believe I am called Mamma by these two lovelies.













No comments:

Post a Comment