Thursday, March 6, 2014

One Month Has Come and Gone

Just a quick note to update you guys. Both boys are actually asleep at the same time, and Brooks is stirring, so gotta back it quick. :)

Man, does time fly, or what! I can't believe that Brooks turned 5 weeks yesterday. It still feels like I'm anxiously walking around wondering if I'll ever go into labor some days. Just a reminder to live in the moment and to soak all of its goodness up, because time passes...quickly.

Brooks is doing really well. I just took him in for his one moth check up and he is growing like a weed. He is now 10# and 23 inches long, which is a two pound gain and two inches grown in a month. AWESOME! So no worries about this guy eating enough. I worked really hard to feed him every two hour around the clock in order to get through his super super sleepiness, and it paid off! The doctor was shocked.

He is in the 90th percentile for his height. The doc asked who was tall in the family. Uhhh...not really anyone. She said he also has a really long torso, so she's betting on a tall guy. He is in the 57th percentile for his weight and his head circumference is in the 19th...which I totally expected. Both boys have their Daddy's small head. He is now in size 1 diapers and in 0-3 month clothes. :)

Brooks is still not on any "real" schedule, and I haven't pushed one. He's still such a little guy.  But I'm working towards paying attention to his trends  so I can better work my days. It's been just all over the place with the two, especially since Brooks like to be held or worn alllll of the time. He does not like to be put down. I've learned I can do anything wearing a baby! Literally, anything!

We are still cosleeping, although I'll be working towards getting him used to also sleeping without me soon. Although I LOVE cosleeping, def not ready for it to end just yet. And we will be introducing a bottle this weekend too. Fingers crossed all of that is easy easy. Brooks is now smiling in response to us talking to him, and also staying awake for about and hour at a time, before he wants to go back to sleep, even if for a bit. I am still feeding him every two hours or so, unless he wants it sooner, during the day, to help him hopefully sleep longer at night, and I'm not letting him go past 3 or 4 hours at night without eating. I know he's totally able to be left to signal me to eat at night, but I'm trying to safeguard my milk supply, as it's a lot lower this time around. ...and I don't want my period back any time soon! Gotta keep up with some good night nursing! :)

Preston is so a two year old these days. Man, he is full on whiney and everything is, " Nooooo...Me!"...over and over and over, no matter what we say to him or ask him. But we're working through it. He is showing that he may be a little jealous of Brooks, and doesn't love that he often has to wait for things he's asking for because we're doing something with the baby. When this happens he will try to pull the baby off of my lap or unlatch him from nursing in order to free me up for him. :) But over all, he has done outstanding! He is totally coming in to his own and demanding independence though. Quite the little personality and disposition. He is still not eating hardly anything, so I'm trying to supplement with protein and fruit/veggie drinks, along with his multi vitamins. I will work super hard to ensure Brooks is a much more diverse eater! So stressful. I'm hoping that once Preston starts preschool this summer it will help to see other kids eating. He will also be starting gymnastics hopefully next month. Sooo excited for him!! He is going to love it. I will def take a lot of pics!

Kevin and I are well. Still putting finishing touches on the house,and about to start having a back patio built. We loved ours back home, and I def want a place to take Preston this summer. This boy is so ready for some outdoor time. He was helping Kevin pull weeds this weekend, and he could not have been happier and threw a terrible fit when it was time to finish.

On a very bad note, we are experiencing a stink bug infestation IN THE HOUSE! I'm not kidding. This is no joke, and it is absolutely disgusting. We have been working with the builder, the pest control guy, the AC company, because it seems they chose to " overwinter" in our house and get into the walls and structure during construction. So they pour through windows, exhaust fan vents, ac vents, you name it. Kevin has worked outside sealing up the house for the past three weekends, and they are still here. We have our widows completely taped up on the inside. It's ridiculous, and about to make me lose my mind! They are really bad in Brooks' nursery and have been found in his crib. Hence, one reason he will not be moving out of our room for a long while! Please pray. I know it sounds silly, but it's really quite the deal for us and causing a lot of stress. They are apparently almost impossible to get rid of and the pest guy says they come back year after year to the same locations. NOOOOOO!  They are a huge problem here in GA.

OK, so there ya have it! Miss and love you guys. Here are some current pics!


Brooks is 5 weeks and P is 23 months! Silly brother!


loooove!
5 weeks . I am totally in love, you guys!





Big Bro helping out with tummy time





They look so much a like!
 Look, I have a real kid now!

 He loooves to read. Readers are born on the laps of their mothers, we have read to him and with him from birth, and so far it shows. Hope this keeps up!

My little old man. :)

There ya go!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! We are wubbanub lovers at our house too- though I think they are on the way out this week-- this mommy hood thing can be so bittersweet :) They just grow too darn fast!

    ReplyDelete