Monday, July 2, 2012

Daddy's Birthday

This weekend we celebrated Kevin's birthday. Boy, were we ever made aware that we now live with a three month old. He made sure to throw a few wrenches into our plans, but we survived and Kevin still had a great day and knew he was loved.

To start the day off, I woke early with Preston to let Kevin sleep in. I made him breakfast and tried to take over some of his normal weekend to-do's so he could relax a little more on his special day. Kevin got a new coffee maker for his birthday, which he loves! It's the perfect gift for him. We had  lunch at one of our favorite restaurants that holds special meaning to us ( this is when Preston threw the 'I run the show' card and threw a huge fit making us almost have to leave the restaurant. But he did give me my first opportunity to nurse him in a restaurant. Not sure I like it, either.). We ran around town and came home for Kevin to have cake and ice cream. I made his fav, German Chocolate Cake. I think we had a great day together! I'm pretty sure he felt loved and valued on his day.


Out eating lunch..Preston was not in the best of moods.


Enjoying his cake and ice cream!

It was a great day! Love my awesome family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment