Monday, April 30, 2012

Random Updates

Seeing how things are muuuch busier than they were just four weeks ago, my posts have had to change. I'm sure you have noticed they are far less frequent and a lot shorter. :) Since time is a fine commodity these days, I gotta get to the point--no rambling. But I do want to keep everyone in the loop on what's going on in the Wicker House! So here are some random updates..

1. I just ordered Preston's birth announcements. So those will go out in the mail in the next week or so. Yea! This also means we got all of Preston's newborn photos back from the photographer. I'll post some more pics. They are PRECIOUS!!

2. Preston HATES, hates his acid reflux medication. I'm not sure if it's helping or not, but the two-week trial of the medication ends this week. So we may take him off and see what happens in order to determine if he really does in fact have reflux issues. It breaks both of our hearts to watch him take the icky medication. He just screams and screams and contorts his body all over the place...and gags. We hate it just as much as he does, I think. Kevin hates it so much he won't even give the meds to him without my help.

3. My new fav thing: The faces Preston makes as he is dozing off right after he has eaten. He smiles and giggles, frowns, he furrows his brow..he does it all. I know it is all reflexive at this point, but his little faces are just heart melting. I can't wait to see him smile for real..and giggle at me! Oh, it's just soo beautiful. This is one of my most favorite times with him.

4. I'm finally getting a haircut today! Much needed. My stylist, Kevin's Aunt, is coming to the house so I don't have to get out. Thank you, Lord!

5. Preston was given his first bottle this weekend since he turned four weeks old and I think he is pretty solid on breastfeeding. Kevin will be giving him one bottle per day, in the evening, his last "night" feeding of the day, so I can get to bed to catch some ZZ's since I wake up with Preston through the night. He was confused by it, and it took him a while to finish the bottle, but he ate 3 ounces! And then he slept like a champ--I love it! :) He has had no problems with going back to the breast since experiencing the bottle. It's still a little sad to see him take a bottle, because although breastfeeding is a beast, I still love that time with him. So now on to working pumping into the schedule. :)

6. I think he just went through a growth spurt. This weekend he ate ravenously and for much longer than normal. This would be the appropriate time since he is four weeks old. He is def growing! He is so much " meatier" now.

7. We are still working on ironing out the wrinkles in our breastfeeding routine. What am I talking about--we don't really have a set routine or schedule--he just dictates for the most part. Although as soon as we work out his tummy troubles and my supply issues--I'll be working more diligently on getting him on a eat/wake/sleep routine. But until then I want him to be well fed, even if it means feeding every hour.

8. Preston and I have been busy little bees with lots of appointments and small outings. Man, getting out of the house with a newborn and taking care of four dogs in the house has taken some getting used to. It def requires a lot more time and energy. But we're all adjusting well.

9. Preston went back to the Chiro today. He had another neck and back adjustment. He will go back three times a week until his sleeping and digestive issues are better, then he will go down to twice a week. The Chiro told me today that his hope is that since I brought Preston in at such a young age that we can correct his torticollis through chiro adjustments and avoid any physical therapy of the neck muscles like most babies have to have. Lets keep our fingers crossed Mr. Preston gets some alignment and starts sleeping better and feeling less discomfort in his belly.

10. I need to stop trying to be super-mom/wife and just forget about my personal schedule/to-do's and the house--but I'm finding that very challenging! This is def one of my pressing prayers. I'm just a "do-er" by nature and I hate being isolated, so my natural urge to thwart this is to get out of the house for very small outings in between his feedings-but doing this in its self creates some stress for me, as it's still pretty challenging to do this at this point. I know, only time will allow us all to adjust. But still so blessed to even have this issue to contend with!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 4 weeks old already! WOW! How are your dogs adjusting? I'm glad you are able to do small errands during the day and even though you feel torn to get things done around the house too, remember the juggling act just takes time! Enjoy this special time with Preston and if dust bunnies collect, oh well! The crock pot was a LIFE SAVER for us, I felt like I had cooked and it was something I could manage to prepare during the day. :-) I have a few really good recipes I can share if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, four weeks!! I can't believe it. The dogs have adjusted great! They are not getting quite the attention during this adjustment phase, which hurts my heart, but I know things will normalize at some point. They def wont always be on the back burner. I would love for you to share some great crock pot recipes! Thank you! My email is julianpresley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete