Well, it's summertime in Texas. This means one thing, it's scorching hot. You wake up to temps in the 90s and by midday, you find yourself avoiding outside at all cost because in temps over 100 degrees, nothing is enjoyable. But that hasn't stopped us from getting out and getting plenty of vitamin D anyway. But I do have to say, it was in my plan to take P often to our neighborhood pool, but with all the sickness and tiredness I have been having, it almost hurts just *thinking* about chasing him around the pool in 100 degree weather by myself. Haven't been able to do it. :)
Preston is great. He finally got two of his premolars in. Thank goodness, these have been tough on him. He did great with all his other teeth, but these two have really taken forever to make it through the gum tissue and he has been very uncomfortable. Bad news, it looks like the other two on his left side are next up. But for this time around, we have him wearing an Amber necklace to help his body deal with the discomfort. Fingers crossed the next two aren't as painful for him, and it works!
In other big news, Preston got his first "real" big boy tennis shoes this past weekend, a pair of Nikes. Honestly, it wasn't our intent to get him Nikes, but we took a trip out this weekend to find him some new tennis shoes since he has grown out of his others. And, apparently, his size, at least at the "cheap" stores, like Target, is super popular. We can never find his size, he's a size 4-5 now. The only shoes we could find were "real" tennis shoes, Nikes. But once on his feet they sure did look good. :) So he's the proud new owner of some gray and lime green Nikes. He looks sooo big and grown up. ( sniff sniff)
Preston s full of all kinds of new tricks, too. He is sooooo big, I know I say that every time, but, man, they change and grow up sooo fast!
Here's what he's up to--
-He tells the dogs to, " shhhh..."
-He is helping take off his pjs ( sleepers)
-He is starting to say one of of our dog's names --Eli
-He had his first bite of spagetti and garlic bread, and loved it, of course.
-When you tell him its bath time he starts trying take off his diaper
-He says, " Hiiii" when you go get him out of his crib
-He is now signing, " Dad" and " Please"
-He's climbing up on furniture with no help. We have never encouraged this. I wanted to wait as long as possible util this happened. But it's here.
-He is "talking" up a storm and making all kinds of sounds. He does have about 10 words that he speaks, but he understands more than he voices. But I think he's going to take off soon on voicing them. And I'm still teaching him new signs everyday.
-He understands intricate commands that we give him
-He's gotten even more attached to me lately, going through a Mama phase
-He seriously is the busiest kid I've ever seen ( the paid babysitter and his Sunday school teacher both have recently made comments about how he never stops and just plays and plays and plays)
-He stayed with a paid babysitter for the first time last week, and did great ( think I might have told yall this)
-He looooves books.
-He loves to climb on top of anything
He says, " dog" and " Mami, mami, mami, mami"!
He is stubborn! He doesn't forget, and he wants what he wants when he wants it or else he will throw himself on the floor into a crying fit. We try to just ignore him.
-He is not phased by being firm with him or voice correction one bit. I hear about those little ones who get their feelings hurt when you raise your voice...hahaha...funny joke...that is so not Preston. He does not appear to be sensitive.
-He is finally growing more hair!
-He looves to brush his own hair and brush his teeth while we sing " Old McDonald" ( this is our tooth brushing song). He wants to do everything himself.
-Getting him off of purees and fluid intake is still a daily 'deal'
-He loves to throw everything he can get his hands on, everything, especially if he can lift it up and throw it over something else...and even better if it makes a super loud noise.
-He's really into siting on riding toys recently and wanting them ' to go'
- He runs up to the dogs or us and says, " tickle tickle tickle" and gives tickles. The dogs haaate it because Preston does it so excitedly I think they think they are being attacked. LOL
He's such a super special dude. He WEARS ME OUT, but I know this is just for a season and it will be gone before I know it. God did so good creating him.
I'm good, too. My nausea is finally seeming to let up as long as I remember to keep food in me. I'm still super tired. My recent CBC showed that I'm borderline anemic from pregnancy, so maybe this is why. I can tell the good ol body is already working hard to pump extra blood and supply oxygen to the baby. I was getting out of breath while singing in church this weekend! LOL I have been getting lots of headaches. I never get headaches, but I'm getting bad ones regularly. Blah. And since I won't take any meds for them while pregnant, I often suffer a couple of days with a raging one.
Our reveal party is in about two weeks! exciiiiiiting! Can't wait. And that means I have an appt with my midwife and have a sonogram in less than two weeks. Ready for another update and sooo ready to see the baby again. We will be 15 weeks this week, and so far the baby's HB has been in the 140-150s almost every time I've listened. Praying for God's protection over this sweet life.
I'm still taking my probiotic, drinking my echinacea tea, and drinking my apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice---praying this is cleaning out my urinary system and getting rid of all that Strep B. That dang bacteria is the devil. Uh, so hard to get rid of! I do think I'm starting to show, but more of that ' is she getting fat' look for now. It's such an awkward phase. :) But thankful I'm growing!
Life is good and sweet.
Here are some pics or yall:
Wicker Family Reunion on the Lake-
Loves wearing these glasses and putting them on me, too. He thinks it's hilarious,
Made it up there all by his lonesome.
Sitting in his booster seat!
I bought him this used singing chair from a friend who was getting rid of it, he loves it!
New love: the trash can ..or pushing it around...well, and digging things out of it, too.
New amber necklace to help with teething...hopefully.
Loves " Horse" as we call him
New Kicks!
P sounds and looks like he is one busy boy alright! I'm glad you are starting to feel better and I can't wait to read what you are having?! So excited for you all!
ReplyDelete