Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Boredom

As I mentioned last week, it's blazing hot around here, and unless you're going out at first sunlight or after the sun sets , you're staying indoors. I think poor Preston is getting a little bored being at home so much. There's only so many things we can do indoors. So the days are sometimes long for us. :) Def ready for some cooler days soon so we  can get back out.

Mr. P is full on crazy these days, too. It's like he's morphed over night, literally. He does not sit still, no exaggeration. But not only does he not sit still, he's climbing on tables, climbing on the back of the couch, pulling down mini blinds, pulling the cable box off of the entertainment center and disconnecting it, he's constantly in the dog water, he's in the trash, or pushing the trash can, getting himself stuck in any little space he can crawl into, and then screaming because he can't get out---and all in a matter of seconds, back to back. You better eat your Wheaties before you watch this boy.

And to top it off he throws EEEEVERTHING. Not tosses a few things here and there, oh no, massive launching of large toys into any wall, table, over every gate, and this also includes any and all food I make for him. Needless to say, we're entering a very lovely phase, and right when I'm so tired. He definitely knows "No", and " No touch". He often says, " Noooooooo" and shakes his head 'no' before I can even get it out when he knows he's doing something he shouldn't. I was trying to make a few calls yesterday after he finished lunch. I thought this was surely possible as he was fed, napped, and I was sitting downstairs with him and he could just play and play. My plan didn't exactly pan out. I was up from my chair literally every 10 seconds. The people I was talking with on the phone must have thought I was crazy. Preston literally crawled ON TOP of a large radio that we have sitting on our end table and got himself stuck on top. This must have taken place as I was on my way back to my chair after getting him off of the coffee table 20 seconds before. He's on the couch, off the couch, on the couch, off the couch, on the couch, off the couch...over and over and over, only staying in one spot for about a second. I promise I don't feed him sugar!  Needless to say, by the time bed time rolls around, I'm beat. I was warned this period was coming, and boy it is here! But I do have to say, it sure it fun seeing him so independent and so little boy-like.

We are gearing up for our ' Big Reveal' this weekend! Whooo hooo! I have a busy week this week getting all kinds of things prepared. I will have my midwife appointment and sonogram on Thursday. Hope all goes well and our little Bean looks wonderful and is cooperative with showing the parts we need to see. :) We cannot wait! What a total blessing it is that we are being allowed to have this moment. God is spectacular and amazes me always.  It is in these types of moments with all of our busy-ness that we often forget the true nature and wonder of what we are experiencing, and who has allowed or ordained it. May I always give God the glory as He is always in charge.

Here are some other things that P has been up to at 16 months--

-


So there ya have it. Not too much to report. Here are some pics of the man.

 Soooo big and little boy-like! Handsome!!



Good time, folks: spatulas!!


The radio in the picture is the one he was sitting on top of.




Much love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you are having! I don't know what we will do with our boys when winter hits, it's so hard to stay inside with wild, busy boys!

    ReplyDelete