Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wicker Bean #2 Big Reveal!

DRUM ROLL!! So here it is! Wicker Bean #2 Revealed!

 http://youtu.be/03zZHS10YYs

 Can you believe we're having another BOY??! It's totally surreal. God is GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, yall. I have always imagined myself with all boys. And I've always said I want all boys, three is what I always picture when I say this. Who knows if this is what God really has in store for us, but we're looking pretty good at this point!






 God is so gracious to give us the honor of loving and growing two of his future men. Wow, talk about being humbled. To grow a man..wait, two of them... for God from scratch...nah, no pressure. :) I hope we do him proud with our boys and grow some fine, noble dudes who will have impact and light to offer the world. Okay, so you get it, I'm over the moon with thankfulness and excitement!

 The reveal was great. We had a great turnout, about 25 people or so. We were so thankful we had so many great take the time to be a part this priceless moment for us. The party started at two and I think we ended up doing the actual reveal around 330. We had everyone vote whether they thought we were having a girl or a boy. Team girl totally won! We also had everyone offer of name suggestions and we read all the names aloud before the reveal. We got some really good ones, too!

 We tried to go nice and simple for the party. We did a few decorations and served a simple menu: pizza, chips and dips, sodas and waters, and of course cupcakes! It all turned out perfectly. Just enough. :) I was feeling a little emotional, good emotional, the day of the party. Just thinking about finding out what we are having made it all so real. It really warmed my heart to think about and connect with our precious Bean. Ahh, so magical.

 For the reveal, Kevin and I used cupcakes to break the big news.  But we chose to only have one cupcake have the " magical" color on the inside, so one lucky person got to reveal the baby's sex to the party! The one lucky person was actually Kevin! It was not rigged, I promise Kevin and I did not know before anyone else if it was a boy or a girl. We found out with everyone else. I had the sonographer place the special news in a sealed envelope and I drove straight to the bakery and handed them the envelope. There was no cheating, I promise, I really wanted to preserve the moment at the party; I knew it would be worth it. It was a fantastic day. We are over the moon WITH TWO BOYS!! Now, Preston does run be ragged, and having a 22 month old Preston and a newborn already makes me tired, but I know we'll figure it out. But I remember the exhaustion with Preston, and it was a wild ride, and then add in a 22 month old boy. Good times! We are so blessed. This has all been given my God's hand; He is so good to us.

 Here are some pics for yall:

Team Girl! 

Team Boy! 

Kevin got the one cupcake! 


Preston enjoying play time with his cousins, Layla and Sophie

First family photo with our SECOND boy! 




He went for team girl, like Mamma. He's already trying to take his ' girl' sticker off



We had such a blast celebrating with all these important people in our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. That's the sweetest way to announce what you are having! I'm so excited for you, another little boy, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete