Things are pretty great around here, just moving and a going. July was a whirlwind of events to attend, and every weekend is August is already booked with events. Looks like everyone schedules stuff in July and August. In Texas?? why? The two hottest months of the year! But it's been good times. And we're looking forward to more celebrations and get together's in August! Love summer time. I always miss it so much when it's gone. Winter. Blah.
AND, we're having our Wicker Bean Dos' gender reveal party in August too! A little earlier than I wanted, but two things happened that made this so: 1. We really want to know the sex prior to Just Between Friends ( the large consignment sale that I go to twice a year) so we can get things we need for the baby if it's a girl, and this happens on August 31, and 2. Every other date in August was already taken by someone else's event that we have to attend. So we were very limited when we could do it in August since we want to know prior to JBF. So I think we'll be 16 weeks at our reveal, but that's okay.
No news is good news with the baby. So far so good. I'm still suuuuper tired, but the nausea is 100 times better. I think a lot of my tiredness though is because I can't seem to sleep at night since being pregnant. I stay in a really light sleep and wake up many, many times a night. So I wake up exhausted. But otherwise I feel great. P got a little bit of a cold last week and me and Kevin showed up with sore throats this week. But I think we're almost back to good as new. I've got P back on a probiotic and I've been taking Vitamin C and drinking echinacea tea to help boost our immune systems. Good thing, another full weekend ahead. :) And I have just stopped pumping withing the last couple of days, like at all. It's the end of July and Mr. man is almost 16 months old.
Other than draining snot like a factory, Mr. P is pretty good. He is up to all kinds of things these days. Here goes:
-He's back to no longer drinking from a cup. ( please let #2 be a better cup drinker) It's such the drain for Kevin and I because we worry about him not getting enough fluids
-He's walking backwards
-He's spins and spins and spins
-He says, " Mami" over and over and over. This is actually not how we taught him to say, " Mama", but he has come up with his own thing. :)
-He signs " Dad" in sign language
-He climbs on furniture..over and over and over and over again...and often stands and bounces and falls
-He is still obsessed with Eli's penis. Eli is no longer amused.
-He knows how to brush his hair and his teeth, although this really isn't new
-After watching me do it everyday, he has now realized that Glory's dog collar and leash go around her neck and likes to try to put it on her
-He colored with me in his very first coloring book
-He says, "Nooooo" to everything and shakes his head
-He throws all of his food overboard from his high chair more so than ever
-He throws major fits when he even thinks he MIGHT not get his way, or if it takes you longer than 1 second to get him what he's wanting or asking for, He'll just throw himself flat out in the middle of the floor and cry
-He wants to be with Mom or see Mom at all times or he cries
-He runs everywhere, full speed ALLLLL the time. It's tiring.
-He took his first shower with Dad in the 'big boy' stand up shower and wasn't scared ( he has been in the past)
-He has become temperamental, impatient, fussy, and independent all over night! Oh here it comes!
-He's finally growing some hair!
And the greatest news, he is finally saying his version of " Mama" all the time! But he says, " Maaami". We have never told him ' Mommy', but he can call me whatever he fancies. Love it.
He's such a handsome, growing boy! He is busier and more stubborn than ever, but he is so easy to teach at this stage, love it!
A little plumber's butt never hurt anyone. :)
Good morning!
Starting to climb...
He made it
And he brought his toy with him, so now he chills out and eats his jug
And now he goes for the chair, but brings a book with him this time
We're getting into new territory as Preston gets older and more independent, and a lot less baby-like, but I do love how much he is sponging up things, such a great learner.
I hope yall are all well! Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment