Saturday, July 20, 2013

What?? Baby Number #2

God is so good to me, well, us. He amazes me with His goodness; and when He wants to go Big, He goes BIG!

As I've mentioned, Kevin and I have been mentally preparing for Wicker Bean #2, well, at least mentally, ever since Preston was born. We definitely know we want more bambinos, and since I'm no spring chicken, we don't feel we have the luxury of putting three years in between our little ones. Anyhow, ever since my cycles returned during nursing, which was 7 months PP, we've pretty much been "trying", although not seriously-seriously, as my first priority was at least nursing Preston until he was one year old. Plus, my body needed some times to regulate everything out. So we haven't been pressuring ourselves at all, just enjoying Preston. Our grand plan has always been to move to an FET cycle when Preston was fully weaned around 18 months old.

A month ago I started relying on my dear ol' friends, OPK's, ovulating test strips. Uh, how I did not miss these things. I was noticing that I may not even be ovulating, and if I was, I was probably doing so late. Ugh. So discouraging. But Kevin and I would still plug along just in case as insurance despite a probable crappy ovulation. :)

Anyhooo.....I ovulated on May 17th ( on day 17 or 18 of my cycle), and on May 24th BFP( Big Fat Positive) on a HPT!!!! Kevin is actually the one who told me jokingly I may be pregnant after I went out to pick us up Subway and I also came home with literally five different--chocolate-- candy bars and two other bags of candy. Apparently, I did the exact same with Preston. We both laughed about it, and went on our way. Actually I think I quipped back for him to stop joking about something that obviously would never happen.

But then I started thinking. I was also having some crazy, severe boob pain, which was pretty intense when P nursed. This was def abnormal. Then, I recalled distinctly feeling pinching/cramping about a week before my period was due. And I actually told Kevin that I thought my period was coming early and I wished it would just come on, so I wouldn't have to worry about starting while at the Ranger game. But no period came, and the boob pain persisted. And the biggest clue, all of the sudden my milk supply tanked, like went way down. ( Estrogen increases immediately after conception, and estrogen suppresses your milk making hormone, Prolactin). So after putting all of this together, I thought, what the heck, I'll torture myself and go take a test. I felt like a total idiot doing it, too. So I did the test, laid it down, went to get Preston up for the day, and actually forgot to come back to check it. But when I did, there was a line. uh, what the heck?! Surely this was a stupid mean trick being played on me by this cheapy internet HPT. Slightly panicked and thrilled at the same time, I broke out the big guns, and took another test, but this time using the very trusty First Response. Dark line, immediately. Whoooo hooooo! SHOCK.



The beautiful flowers that were brought home for me the day we learned WE'RE PREGNANT! 5/24/13


First Pregnancy Test 12 days past ovulation ( DPO). 5/24/13


I was over the moon excited! Of course, I called Kevin, and Kevin quickly reminded me of a possible sad reality: this pregnancy could very likely be lodged in my only remaining Fallopian tube which my RE thinks is damaged and could result in another ectopic pregnancy. Uh. Please no. So I called my OB's office and let them know about the HPT and the risk for an ectopic given my history, and we set up an appt and a sonogram to see if there was anything in uterus. Oh Lord, please, please don't let this be another horrific ectopic. My OB also had me do a Beta HCG and Progesterone level right away, that day, and then again in four days ( it was over a holiday weekend) to see if my levels were doubling as they should be.

But the super, super cool thing about all of this, is that  I knew God was going to do this. I pray boldly all the time for God to heal my body and perform a miracle. In April and May, God has really been speaking to me and offering me wonderful peace and clarity-- basically telling me He was going to enable us to get pregnant naturally. I thought for a bit this was just my oh-so-powerful mind playing some wishful thinking tricks on me.  I remember distinctly while talking to God and claiming His power and ability to heal my body and to make this a reality for us, He told me, simply, He was going to do it. He was going to allow us to be pregnant. It was as if my words were more powerful and full of hope and belief than ever before. I claimed God's authority over everything, every detail. He can do all things. I remember exactly where I was sitting and the exact moment that I spoke the words to God and he clearly told me He was going to perform this miracle. This moment was so dear to my heart and so precious and private, I didn't even share it with Kevin right away. I firmly believe that God honored the faith and belief I have in Him. Man, now I know the trick! :) So the month went on and it looked like I was gearing up for another "late" ovulation, which I was not hopeful about. But we tried anyway, and I was a little disheartened that another month would pass because my body wasn't cooperating. But God had other plans. : ) He just amazes me.





GOD IS SO GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I read this post several times over, amazing. Praise God! I truly believe that He did a miracle here, and am SO SO overjoyed for you! Preston is going to be a wonderful big brother and I'm so happy you guys are able to continue growing your family! Prayers and praise for a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete