Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cooking Extraordinaire

Last weekend my Aunt Karen was here for our cooking weekend! What a total blast it was!! Surely I'm a true bonafide cook now. I asked her to teach me how to make her tried and true AMAZING scratch chicken and dumplings and gumbo. Oh my goodness, they turned out so awesome! There are not words to describe how fabulous it was to see her, catch up, for her to be in our home and be able to host her, AND to see her love on Preston. And, boy, did she love on that boy! He loved her! It was so incredibly sweet. I missed her before she even left. So I miss her terribly now. :(

We cooked, we chilled out, we visited and got caught up, Kevin cooked an impromptu dessert from scratch, we played monopoly, and she played and played and played with Preston. He sure did love that game of chase she got going with him...the weekend was just so relaxing and perfect. She's such a special woman and it's so encouraging and comforting to be around her. So do ya get it: I love, love her.

The icing on the cake, she is coming back up for Preston's first birthday party! She's going to help me plan it and get everything all set up and ready the day before and be here for his first birthday celebration. SO COOL! It's a six hour drive for her, so I'm totally grateful. And I already can't wait!

Preston just loved his Aunt Karen and acted like he's known her forever. He warmed up to her in about 2 minutes and the rest was history. She was a great play partner! You can tell she has a grandbaby of her own. :)

Here are some pics of this weekend.




















In other news: Preston is starting to wave. It's the backwards wave, but he's waving. He actually waved for the first time to Aunt Karen right before she left. He's also walking pretty darn good on his push walker. He has also discovered blocks. Specifically, blocks that fit together, similar to big Legos. He is obsessed now with pulling them apart and trying to fit them back together. He also will not go anywhere without a toy in hand. So he crawls with it, tries to push his walker with it, cruises along the couch with it, and then pulls up on the entertainment center with it and then bangs it on the wood leaving the different toy colors all over the wood and, of course, chipping the wood. Awesomeness. Boys, I guess. He's also found the window blinds. So those have to be pulled up or he will have them in hand in about two seconds. Preston was just at the doc's and he weighs 18# is still in a size 3 diaper. Doc said he's growing taller and getting leaner. I know he's burning a tremendous amount of calories everyday, he is non stop.

Oh can't forget to mention the sad news. Baby P is terribly sick right now. Monday afternoon he began a light cough and tugging at his ears. He's now been to the doc and was diagnosed with RSV, a respiratory virus. He has a fever, won't sleep, won't eat, is terribly miserable, cries and moans all the time, and won't let me leave his side. I've never cleaned up so much snot from so many things in my life. It's everywhere! He is one sick baby. And the kicker, Kevin is out of town on business. So I'm on my own. I am so sleep deprived right now. But on the flip side, he is cuddling!! He is NOT a cuddler typically. He laid with me on the couch for a solid hour today, and then drifted off for a little cat nap. He has never, ever done that. So I'm soaking it up, and drinking coffee in between attempting to nurse him. I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon. Breaks my heart to see him so miserable to where he just doesn't even know what to do with himself other than cry. Nothing seems to make him feel good.  I'm giving medications to keep him as comfortable as possible while this virus runs its course.  So I just hold him, rock him, lay with him, rub his back, and stroke his hair in hopes of making him feel a little better.

Please pray our sweet Bean does not get any sicker and God's healing hands are upon him.

No comments:

Post a Comment