Mr. Preston...and Mom and Dad...experienced a big first this weekend. We were finally ready...( kinda) to leave Preston in the church nursery. It was more like we knew it was time. We don't want him to be antisocial or not be able to leave our side when he's a little older, so we know we need to start now.
Our church doesn't have any vaccine requirements for kids in the nursery, so I was waiting a little bit until he had a few vaccines on board to make sure he had some good protection since a lot of kids in our area have parents who prefer not to vaccinate their kids. And, it took us so long to leave him because I just wasn't quite ready yet. :(
But we agreed last weekend that THIS weekend would be THE weekend. It was hard, I'll admit. I even got emotional and teared up after leaving him with a super nice fellow Keystoner who I know showered him with love. But he's my baby! I'm madly in love with him and I've spent every waking moment, and even every not-so waking moment thinking or caring for him for the last ...well, I was going to say five months, but the truth is it's really been far longer than that. He is like this brilliant prize that I cherish and fiercely safeguard so it's super hard to leave him..even though I dream of getting a break some days. :)
Anyhoo, he did great and we did great. I made it through church and thoroughly enjoyed the service. Although Preston was never out of my mind. I just knew he was screaming and having a horrible time....but he wasn't, or at least when we walked up he wasn't. Thank goodness!!
We love, love our baby, who by the way, is getting sick, I think. He started coughing today, isn't sleeping as well, and has a runny nose. :( I went to a breastfeeding mother's support group get together a few days ago and there was lots of mamma's and babies...maybe he picked up something...uhg! The change in sleep also has something to do with the fact he is now rolling over constantly in his sleep and scooting all over the place, which wakes him up and he won't go back to sleep. He gets himself in the oddest positions. He sleeps on his belly, and is rolling to his back, which he doesn't like for a sleeping position. For some reason, even though he can easily roll himself back over to his belly, he doesn't. Instead, he lays there and cries and cries and won't go back to sleep. This happens every couple of hours or so through the night. Gotta love all the developmental milestones of an infant! :)
Another first--now that Preston can sit up with assistance, he will be using his high chair. We all had our first dinner together at the table as a family, which we will continue to do every night from here on out. It was such a great experience! I can't believe we have a high chair pulled up to our dining room table. It seems so surreal to me. :) I love it.
These are for you, Granny Sherri! Thank you! He loved it!
Look at this lovely baby checking out the toy that sits on the tray for the babe to play with before they are old enough to be eating from the tray.
He loved it!
Please pray for healing over Mr. Preston and for continued prayers over his eating. He is still not gaining weight..although he is not losing weight..but it's not because there is not enough milk for him. My milk supply is fully back and all is well now that I'm back on my thyroid medications. He just doesn't seem to have an appetite. He isn't crying in hunger between feedings, and is still a happy baby, but just doesn't want to eat. Seems odd there is no interest in eating! But his doc says they are not worried until he starts losing weight. I'm having to pump extra to remove the milk I'm producing since he's not eating it..so our deep freeze is super full! I sure hope this is a phase. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment