I know I have not done near the job at blogging as I've done in the past. It makes me sad, as I love keeping the blog updated with all the mundane details of our life. I know later down the road I will totally appreciate knowing exactly where we were in life in a specific moment. I think chronicling life is one of the very best ways to: 1. always maintain a sense of nostalgia about one's life and develop a sense of appreciation for one's past, and two: it offers window of growth through true personal introspection. I love, love this. It allows you to look back and see what kind of decisions you've made, what you were struggling with at any given time, how you were feeling, and just the specifics about your circumstances of the time. Anyhoo, I know this lack of time is just a season though. ...Unless....God chooses to bless us with more bambinos. In that case, I may be okay with very limited blogging capabilities....But no pressure, God..( yea, right.) LOL
I know I have been keeping things simple and posting a lot of pics of Preston for friends and family. I have been feeling a little guilty about not writing about anything other than Preston. :) I know, I know, he is new and we are over the moon, thus it makes sense, right. But believe it or not there is a world beyond Preston: like me and the man, for starters. My true first man, Kevin.
Kevin and I are good. I won't lie though, it's been a true adjustment to have a little one. We were well prepared for a baby..way more so than most we know; however, nothing compares to actually living it and doing the hard work. And there's a lot of hard work involved in having a new baby, especially for first time parents. There is quite a learning curve. Don't get me wrong, we loooove that we're having to learn the new baby learning curve! But it's still work. :) We often lay in bed at night before we pass out from exhaustion from long days and giggle and whisper to one another (whisper because we have a sleeping baby in the bassinet beside the bed and it's like the ultimate sin to wake up a baby that you just got down for the night) how totally grateful we are that we have him. I think neither of us believe that he is actually ours some days.
In light of all the change that has taken place, we as a couple are good. I love being a parent with Kevin. We realize the very best gift we can ever give Preston is for us to have a good marriage. Not only will we show him what a covenant marriage looks like in Christ, but our desire is to show him what it looks like when husband and wife honor one another. And even though our society says there is no beauty and honor in having a covenant marriage between a man and a woman, actually our culture says it's quite boring and even teeters on being taboo to some, we know our culture lies. Be in the world, not of the world. And we want to prepare Preston for the hard road he will have ahead in our culture.
I think being a parent is a great team building exercise...if you let it. So our new life is still built around three hour increments, we're still not sleeping super great, and we still have a newborn in our room which really hampers our privacy, and I'm still feeling guilty about having our dogs cooped up in the house so much because our time is still so monopolized by Preston, but this looks like our new life for now. We have talked about when we will transition Preston over to his room....I'm soooo ready in one sense and not ready in another. But I think all three of us will sleep better when we make the move. We have been waiting for him to start sleeping through the night before we make the move. He is close. It's just too easy to nurse him in the night and have him right beside the bed.
So things are good, well, great. We have been blowing and a going staying super busy. Sometimes I wish we weren't so busy, but on the flip side, I need out of the house! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment