Monday, June 18, 2012

11 Week Update

So this week was a big week! First things first, Kevin was able to enjoy his very first Father's Day! How exciting! This time last year we weren't quite pregnant yet, although we sure we're praying to be soon, as we we're in the middle of our IVF cycle.

We had an excellent weekend together. Kevin surprised me by taking a day of vacation the Friday before Father's Day so he could give me a small break and so we could get some QT in together. It gets lonely being home alone all day. :) We went out and window shopped hand guns and learned a lot. I have always wanted to get my concealed hand gun license. But first things first, must learn to shoot a gun first. LOL So we went out and found out what the entire process will look like when we're ready to make the move. Kevin wants to do it with me, too. I think it would be a great hobby to share.  I'm super excited!

Kevin's day, Father's Day, was a nice day. Typically Kevin lets me get a couple hours of extra sleep on the weekends and gets up and spends some daddy/son time with Preston. But on Sunday, I had full intention of letting Kevin sleep in and making him breakfast to start off his morning. However, Preston, I guess, had other plans. Preston slept through the night! so I was awakened at 6 am to severe pain in the girls. Holy cow, I didn't know my boobs could hold that much milk. I swear I'm gonna get stretch marks. I was hurting so badly all I could think of was, " GET THIS MILK OUT..like right this second!" I no longer owned two breasts, I had two large ROCKS!  So I woke both Preston and Kevin and nursed Preston on one side and had Kevin hold the pump bottle to my other breast as I pumped the milk out with the breast pump. It was quite the sight. There we were in the living room at 6 am sitting on the couch in our PJ's and half awake with our heads nodding off and eyes barely open...and Preston eating on one breast and Kevin holding up a bottle to my breast so the breast pump could pump the other breast. This is not quite the vision I had in mind for Kevin's Father's Day morning. I'm fairly certain this was not his vision either. LOL But he totally obliged and didn't even flinch. Good, sweet hubby.

The rest of the day was spent going to church, where Preston did not do so well, so we watched the sermon in the lobby on the TV's, then had lunch at our fav lunch spot, and did our normal Sunday running around and chores. But I was sure to find small ways to celebrate Kevin all day and make his day a little easier by taking over some of his to-do's. We had a great day together as a family of three. How thankful are we!  I think he was in awe to be getting his first Father's Day card!

 Kevin with his first Father's Day card!

 Kevin showing off his Father's Day gift!

Dad and Preston on Father's Day just before Kevin headed out to mow. ..no, I did not take over this to-do of his.  :)

Other big news..for the last few nights Mr. Preston has been sleeping through the night! I don't know if it's just something odd going on or this is a start of something new and BIG and GREAT! We'll see how this week goes. Keeping our fingers crossed! Although, our plan has been to move Preston from our room to his room once he begins sleeping through the night...I don't know if I'm ready....eeekk..

My heart has been acutely aware that this exact time last year we were in the middle of our IVF cycle that allowed us to conceive our sweet boy. Oh man, how I'm so glad that experience is over. IVF cycles are quite the event. They drain you in every way possible. Of course, I would go through the bazillion sonograms, surgeries, HSG tests, tons and tons of blood work, injections, drugs, worry and emotional upheaval all again....actually ten times over for Mr. Preston. But man, I'm still glad it's over and I survived. Whew! At least until we're ready for baby #2. I really do feel like I've earned a badge of courage for all I went through as a woman in the conceiving/pregnancy department. In a nut shell, my heart is feeling nostalgic about June and July this year. It's also time to pay our annual fee to keep our sweet frost babies in the freezer.  I'm being transported back to a time in my life that has changed me forever, that has marked Kevin and I indefinitely and deeply. It's not just about the IVF cycle, as lots of woman make it through IVF. It's just the total experience, the culmination of it all. And it was last June that we were pushing through our final big rally--laying it all on the line..especially financially...and it was July that we found out we were pregnant. I just have so much emotion tied to the whole experience. But the experience is ours. I love it, I cherish it, and it's part of our unique story that makes Kevin and I the couple we are. I own it.


We celebrate you, sweet man!

No comments:

Post a Comment