Monday, December 30, 2013

35 WEEKS!!!

Oh.my.gosh. Baby time is fast approaching. I really feel like I need another two months at least. But I am fighting off some terrible all day gall bladder pain because of the belly putting so much pressure on that area of my abdomen; so on that note, I am kind of ready. And I sure am ready to meet my lovely boy! I just can't believe the time is already here!



I saw the midwife last week and all is well. I weigh 138#--total weight gain of 32#, my blood pressure is still great, the baby's heart rate was in the 140s, I've started my my at-home natural GBS protcol, and the midwide mapped the baby's position and determined he has moved positions. He is still head down but he is no longer in perfect face down birthing position. He is now facing up. Hope this little one has plans of turning back around soon. :) Birthing a sunny side up baby makes for a long, painful labor. So I'm doing things to open up my pelvis like pelvic tilts, chiropractic adjustments, pregnancy massage, and acupuncture, and sitting on the exercise ball to encourage him to turn around. So fingers crossed! I've grown a lot recently. My poor belly button might end up with a stretch mark this time around. Boy, things sure are feeling tight. :)

The baby's nursery is complete! We had a sitter come over last weekend two days in a row and we got the massive mess in his room all sorted, made all of our crafty decorations, and got it all put together. It looks awesome! His room is done is vintage airplanes. Turned out so great.

We had our maternity photo session this past Friday, too! We went to a park in downtown Atlanta, and boy was it cold! But it was a super awesome part of town, Really really loved it, and the photos turned out fabulous.










Dec 2013 at Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta. Preston is 20 months.



We are still working hard on the house and hoping to get a lot more done this month before he arrives. But at the same time I really want to catch up on sleep and chill out before he comes. That actually might happen, too, because I am sooooo exhausted these days. I can barely make it up the stairs carrying Preston without being totally out of breath. Ready for that part to be over, too.

But, I'm feeling more and more connected to our  sweet boy with each passing day. I am sooo anxious to see what he looks like and to see if he looks a lot like Preston. Can't wait!! I'm already so in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment