Drum Roll, please...
We are moving...... And we're moving to Georgia,..... and in two weeks. Yep, you heard it correctly. I know, we're slightly crazy. But Kevin has been offered a position that's a great opportunity for him, so we've made the decision that it's the best choice for our family, and he's accepted the position, and will begin work this month. I never ever in a million years would have imagined myself ever ever being okay with moving with a toddler WHILE PREGNANT and leaving my docs and all of our security for a complete life upheaval. But God supersedes my plan and my own thinking. He has worked through me, and us, and this is the right decision for our family, and we're totally excited and at peace. It's been in the works for a little while now but we're just to a point that all is definitely a for sure for sure 'go'.
We went to Georgia last weekend for three days for a familiarization trip/house hunting trip, and found a house! It was a totally full weekend with our Realtor showing us about 25 properties in person after we went through over a 100 to make our final viewing selection. I sure love the homes up there! And what a beautiful green state!
Preston stayed here with his Grandparents for a few days. He definitely wore them out! You should have seen them when we picked him up. Hilarious! I bet they couldn't wait to get back to work on Monday morning! Preston has never stayed the night anywhere or been away from me even an entire day, so this was pretty abrupt for him, and it apparently showed in his eating and sleeping habits while at his Grandparents. Poor everyone. He ate almost nothing, and wouldn't nap, and was way over tired. I felt so bad for all of them. That couldn't have been too enjoyable. But everyone survived and Kevin and I had a great trip! Man, it was soo nice to have a break and some real time with just Kevin. Soooo miss it! And although there is definitely a stressful element to house-hunting, we also found it very fun. So it was a great couples weekend, for sure. Much needed.
We won't be able to close on our house until mid to late November, but Kevin has to begin work up there almost a month prior. Kevin was not okay with me staying here with Preston by myself for a whole month, so we're all moving up there in a couple of weeks and will be living in an apartment for a month until our house is ready. This will give me some time to get to know the area better and get good and set up with our new doctors for the family. The apartment community will only allow us to bring two dogs, so our other two dogs will be staying with my Mom for the next 6 weeks. So nice of them to agree to that! I will love that break too, but will also miss them terribly at the same time. :)
I will be having a little earlier than expected baby shower, in mid November, which I will fly back for. It was originally planned for December, but I don't want to fly during flu season since none of us get the flu vaccine..and airports are flooded with hundreds of people. So I'll come back the weekend of the 16th and celebrate and see everyone one last time before the baby comes! Already can't wait!!
I'll update more soon, but I wanted to go ahead and share the info. as soon as we were able. It's been a whirlwind of a week since getting back from our house hunting trip..things have been CRAAAAZY busy with getting stuff taken care of with the relocation company and getting a contract executed on our new house, with not a second of any day free. I still can't believe we signed up for this some days. Although Kevin and I feel very confident about the move, the opportunity for him, and really, all of it. Kevin and I have talked a lot about, for a long time, that God has been preparing us for something big for at least the last year. I was given a strong premonition about it, which I shared with Kevin, so on some level we've just been waiting for God to show us in His time. And when the time came, we were prepared and ready. Super cool. Love our God.
Much love to you all. I'll be back in touch soon. By the way, Mr.Preston is still as perfect as ever, and a mover and a goer. Love that sweet boy. I'll post pics soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment