Things have taken off around here. Lots and lots...oh, and did I mention lots to do. Kevin and I both work from long todo lists everyday. I've never made so many calls, sent and received so many emails, and had days in my planner so full that things are running off the page in my life! :) But I know it's all for a greater good, and it's still exciting. We know this crazy time will pass. I try to stay mindful of still needing to be present with Preston and being a cozy home for Baby Boy #2, so I try not to let myself get too overworked or stressed. I'm not always successful though, but I do try.
We've been trying to schedule all the appointments we need to get done here before leaving, like teeth cleanings, seeing my midwife and perinatologist, haircuts ( it's so dang hard to find a good hairdresser who won't butcher your hair), and on and on. Just to buy us some time once there so we don't have to do these things for a while, and this gives us a few less things to worry with once we're there and living in a temporary space or moving and unpacking.
I've also been working really hard on finding a good midwife group and a pediatrician for Preston and Bean #2. I've joined some local FB pages in the area we will be moving to in Georgia and asking others for midwife and pediatrician recommendations. I got a lot of great information! I was able to finally find a midwife and a pediatrician that I feel match what we're looking for and I got us all squared away and ready to go. What a relief! Those were the most important switches we needed to make.
We've also had the pleasure of getting to spend some time with lots of people before leaving. Love this time with everyone. But goodbyes sure are difficult. : (
Birthday and Good bye time with Anthony!
Soo sad to leave this guy. We sure are going to miss him.
Preston and Anthony had so much fun at dinner! Cheeeeesin'!
In other news, our sweet baby boy dos is doing great. We had an appointment with our perinatologist today. Perfect timing! He looked great on sonogram, and was active as ever. He is quite the mover. I am one day shy of 24 weeks, and he is still measuring right on track, about 4 days ahead of schedule. He weights about 1# 9 ounces, nothing abnormal was found by the doc. My cervix is still nice and normal and measured 3.75cm. The only downside to this visit, I found out I weight 127#!! Holy cow. I don't know how this has happened. Goodness. Things are going well with the pregnancy so far for the most part. I have had some continued issue with what I thought was passing a kidney stone..which I now know is actually a blood clot. Very painful. My midwife sent me for a renal sonogram and had me follow up with a urologist just to make sure we aren't missing anything, and all checked out fine. So no known cause, so we're just playing the wait and see game. But not worrying with it. I've also noticed things on my body are a lot more swollen--but not like swollen everywhere like a lot of preggo Mammas- and my vericose veins are out of control and spreading by the day. I even have them in totally weird and brand new places. do.not.love.this. But I do love my sweet boy. So it's worth it.
Mr. Preston is fantastic. He is so full of life and energy, so bright. He amazes me everyday. He has finally refused us spoon feeding him any purees or oatmeal, ( which we held on to so long since he's such a picky eater and it was the only way we could kind of keep him eating somewhat balanced). So this is going to be a hard place for a while, as he barely eats anything and throws most things we give him. We saw his doc last week for his 18 month well visit, and his doc's only advice, " He's growing and developing perfectly normally, so just keep offering him different foods." ...AAhhhh.....wishing for a magic cure! But Preston's appointment went super well. He passed his autism screen with flying colors, no signs whatsoever. He is meeting all milestones, he's growing--although his head is not and now in the 3rd percentile--but the doc is not concerned at all. He is in the 45th for height and 15th for weight, and holding steady on his growth curve. And at their 18 month visit they do blood work, and all came back normal.
We only have a few more weeks of breast milk left in the freezer, so I'm getting geared up to start transitioning to an alternative milk. Fingers crossed this is a smooth transition during all of the other transition and he doesn't totally balk at it. He's a picky dude! Praying!
Preston is still full of puckered kisses and hugs. He randomly runs up to us and gives us big leg hugs. Love this. He's so sweet. He's still loving throwing mini fits when he doesn't get his way. He is all about pushing limits and boundaries, and thinks it's a funny game. He has also discovered tumbling off the couch head first. So he does this over and over and over. Boys. Anything he can climb on is his favorite activity!
We're pulling out of here next week! Can you believe it?! It seems a little daunting considering when I look around our house there is a million and one things still to do. But, one day at a time. Very blessed to be on this journey.
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment