In other news, we made another road trip to Houston this past weekend to celebrate my brother Mikey buying his very first home and turning 30 with a combined house warming/birthday party! He lives in Texas City near the Gulf by Galveston, Tx. So it's about a five hour drive. But Preston did much better on this trip and actually slept some. I however did not have a good trip at all! Don't ya know I woke up on the morning we were to head out passing a kidney stone! Yea, you heard that right. We were up bright and early and about 7am I noticed a lot of sudden pain that def wasn't going to be fleeting and def wasn't " normal". But in typical Kristen fashion, nice and stubborn, I was determined to still make the trip, cancelling was not on the menu. So I pushed through the pain and continued to get dressed and ready while sucking down water to help flush things out. I was in severe pain for about 2 hours and then felt some relief, so I thought this was a good sign that I might be out of the super bad part and we could get on the road. Poor choice. The super bad phase was no where near complete. I literally labored from this stone the ENTIRE five hours on the road in the back seat with Preston. OMG. I was in tears, we contemplated stopping at a hospital, and we had to stop frequently because it makes you feel like you have to " push" it out and need to pee. So I walked around convenient stores in the middle of no where crying asking Kevin to help me. LOL it was no bueno. The pain continued the whole weekend while we were at my brother's house. I called my midwife and got her thoughts and advice while I was down there just to make sure she didn't think I was missing something and to see if it could have been something other than a stone. She agreed she thought it was a stone and thought it was okay for me to labor it out unless I needed some narcotic pain medication, then I would need to seek treatment somewhere. But I didn't want to ruin the weekend with that time suck, so I pushed through by taking a single 500 mg Tylenol once. Kevin said I was crazy for not guzzling it. On the bright side, by the time this Monday morning rolled around I felt 100 times better and went to see my midwife for a urine culture just to make sure there is no infection. But all feels fine now and we still had a great weekend! So glad we made the trip.
In other AWESOME NEWS, Preston got to experience the beach and ocean for the first time! He absolutely loooooved it!! OMG, this boy has not an ounce of fear. He loves loves loves to experience all new things ( except when it comes to food, of course). He is so happy and life-loving, it warms my heart. Love love love this age. The perfect mix of baby and little kid. We had an amazing time with family. It was soo awesome to see my brother Mikey, and love his new house. So totally proud of him.
Here are a few of the things Preston's up to. He changes to much it's so hard to keep up and record them all!
He is full of hugs and
kisses...he puckers his lips and it’s so cute!
He signs “thank you” and knows to say 'thank you' when you give him something
He is drinking much
better from a cup and will drink most of one cup..about 6 ounces, in one meal
sitting and water in between
He likes to stand on
anything…chairs, toys, the couch, tables ALL THE TIME
He is taking off his
diaper
He likes..no LOVES to play with
his penis and calls it his “ Pee Pee” now
He signs sooo many words!
He is throwing temper
tantrums and is very vocal when he doesn't get his way
He loves this little
blue bear that Kevin got him from Atlanta. He carries it around and calls it
his “ Baby” while he rocks it
He likes to pull the
dogs around by their collars
He has fallen off of so many things, busted his lips and head so many times, and got his fingers squished in a door jamb all in the last couple of weeks! Blood blood and more blood! I'm going to be a pro at this!
He is soooo interactive
and mature and expressive. He changes so much and so fast. He is so tiring to
take care of but I love this age! The perfect mix of baby and little kid
He still is a very picky
eater but we are making a slow transition away from purees finally. My only
concern is him not eating any protein in his finger foods, which is why we have supplemented with purees this long.
He is soo full of change. It is incredibly cool to see everyday.
Here are some pics of the man at 17 months:
He likes to wear old toilet paper rolls on his arms. LOL
This is how he likes to watch TV...no no no
Subway!
Here is his Blue Baby from Atlanta. He loves kissing and rocking this guy
LOVES BOOKS!
Man. he loved this sea weed at the beach! Wouldn't put it down.
..and the sea weed.
My two brothers and Preston and Miss Layla. Love getting to see them all!
Preston absolutely loved Layla's sparkle unicorn!
First time looking at the ocean
With brother and Uncle Mike
He found a whole head of broccoli at the beach and thought it was the coolest thing too
Sooooo excited!!
Cutest boys ever!
Preston's 17 month old footprint in the sand for the very first time
Who doesn't love sea weed?
No comments:
Post a Comment