This past week has been awesome. Kevin was off all week on a mandatory vacation from work, so we fully employed a lovely staycation this week. It was just what we needed, too, as Preston was getting over RSV. He actually still has a bit of a cough, but the doc says he is no longer contagious, it just takes a while for the body to rid its self of the aftermath from the virus.
Kevin and I, as usual, got lots done this week. We actually pretty much knocked all of our last to-do's around the house to finally deem it " fully moved into" done! whoa! Feels awesome! Despite the house being a rent house, Kevin built shelving in the garage this week. We just have too much garage gear to have it stacked and lined all along the garage. So all three of us organized and cleaned the garage after the shelves were up. I know I looked pretty hilarious too. I had Preston strapped into the Baby Bijorn and I was loading things onto the new shelves and then sweeping the garage with one of those big garage brooms. Rather difficult to do with a 20# baby strapped to your center, but we all three worked as a team and got it all done. Whew! I also did some steam cleaning of the carpets, touch up painting in the house, lots of cooking for Preston, and researched and bought a convertible car seat for Preston. Good times.
Last night Kevin and I also got a LOVELY date night together thanks to our Granny Sherri. Man, it was AWESOME! We went and had pedicures together ( yes, my hubs does this with me--he loves it) then we headed out to one of our favorite restaurants and had some great conversation. It was like we were on a real, back-in-the-day date! So.Much.Fun--and so needed. We def need to do this more often to keep our relationship energized. So refreshing! Thank you Granny Sherri for driving all the way up to our house and hanging with Mr. P! So thankful!
I am hard at work on Preston's birthday. I have ordered his invites, which I'm in love with. And we are hitting up Party City today to see if I can find what I'm looking for to make this party incredible. I have some amazing ideas planned and I sure hope they all turn out. Update, found some great items for the party! So exciting. My Aunt Karen is going to drive up into town a little early to help me get the party set up--guess I should tell her now how much work she's in for. :)
Kevin goes back to work tomorrow after nine days home with us. Sad. I sure like having him here, but I also like having a roof over our heads too. :) I'm really grateful for this time we had together.
Here are some pics of the man from this week. He is one busy man. He's a mover and a goer, talks up a storm, looooves bath time, although he scares the poop out of us with how utterly crazy and wild he is in the bath tub, he is now doing a rudimentary wave, says Mama and Dada when he wants to, and officially has his six tooth in. And it looks like this Mamma may finally get to start sleeping through the night herself, as his pediatrician has recommended that I cut him off from night time nursing, as he feels him being in the habit of waking to nurse is interfering with him establishing an " adult-like" sleeping pattern. Bitter sweet. :) I just want to hold onto all of this sweet time as long as I can.
10 Months
Looooves toys in the bath!
Beautimus!!
Looking for the Mavs game...
He loooves it when Daddy gets in the bath tub with him to bath him. :)
Supporting our Mavs!
No comments:
Post a Comment