Not too much to report around here, really. Preston's birthday invites have just been mailed and we are gearing up for his party. I think I have already mentioned that P's helmet will be off in about 3 weeks. Yeah! Although I actually think I'm going to miss its sweaty smell, it has become an oddly endearing odor. :) Preston is walking really well and now walks more than he crawls these days. He still falls a lot, but he gets right back up and tries it again. He is still working on eating " big boy" foods and we have found that the boy is a carb maniac! And he's still not into anything wet, mushy, or slimy. About as far as he will deviate from firm, crunchy things is cooked white chicken breast. So we're just offering and offering, and I'm sure he'll develop a like for more of an assortment.
I'm still trying to work out my kidney stone, diet, thyroid issues. Good Lord, I had no idea this would be such a "deal". It seems after all the profiles and tests on my urine to determine WHY I'm producing the stones -- which we have now determined---the special things that I must consume and not consume to keep from producing more causes too great of a change in my body's pH which is causing some other minor problems, so I'm working through those at the moment. Good Lord, I'm over it. Very frustrating. But I can't give up on finding out the right combination of what works because if we ever want to entertain the idea of me ever being pregnant again, the kidney stone thing must be handled now.
Mr. Preston is soo dang cute, yall. He is such a big boy these days. I just told Kevin last night that he's becoming more " kid-like" by the day. :( And he's such a good boy, too. We're very blessed. I went clothes shopping for the first time in far too long yesterday-- by myself with Preston--( I've learned to do EVERYTHING with Preston!) and he did really great! He really is an easy baby in every way---except for the sleeping thing. :)
On the sleeping front, he is sleeping from 730pm until 630am. Pretty good, I think. This week he has been going through something which has him waking about 45 minutes after he is put to bed and he cries for about 30 minutes and finally puts himself back to sleep. Who knows why this is. If there is one thing I've learned with babies and their sleep, it's ever changing! Just stop guessing and take it as it comes. Your routine can change at any minute. :)
Kevin and I are fab. We have a busy weekend. We're all going to a friend's baby's first birthday party---Preston's friend Kendall, and Just Between Friends consignment sale starts this Sunday! Whooo hooo! Looove this--such great deals for clothes for him to grow into.
Here are some pics of the man. He's so big! Almost 11 months!!
He loves the dog beds!
Sure love a baby in a diaper!
No comments:
Post a Comment