So our little Preston looks like he is moving right along on the baby milestones. When we went in for his one month check up the doctor had a gamut of question for me regarding Preston's development.
Does he track you with his eyes? Yes
Does he stare at lights and fans? Yes
Does he kick his arms and legs often? Yes
Does he respond to your voice? Yes
Is he cooing? Yes
Is he smiling? Yes
Does he lift his head up? Yes
Does he respond to loud sounds? Yes
Does he enjoy bath time? Yes
Is squirming all over the place? Yes
Does he try to roll over ( or at least moving in that direction with his movements?) Yes
My FAVORITE very new things...
He has started drooling ...a lot...but the cute thing, at least for now, he blows little spit bubbles. :)
He does seem to be starting to have reciprocal smiles. He will sometimes smile back at us when we smile at him or stimulate him. His favorite stimulus: when we kiss him on the lips..or often on his open mouth. He seems to really like this ( maybe it's because we're constantly kissing this boy!) and will often give us a big ol' smile when we happily greet him with an excited voice or kiss him. I just love, love this! He will also smile at a musical/ light toy. He has only been doing this for the last week.
My most favorite new thing: Giggling. The sweeeeetest little giggle you have ever heard in your life! I know this is still reflexive but when he drifts off to dreamy land, usually after a nice nursing session in the middle of the night, which means I get to enjoy these sweet moments all by myself, he lays in my arms with his eyes shut flashing me with a stream of big ol' grins and giggles. oh.my.goodness. It seriously doesn't get better than this, does it?! Even in my super sleepy 3am stupor I'm just melted by his sweet little gifts to me. I've come to believe that these sweet little gifts come to me in the middle of the night so I'll always know how worth it getting up at 3am really is.
He is a growing machine and just as perfect as can be. We are so in love with watching him grow and change daily. I'm still in awe that God has given us such an amazing gift. Don't get me wrong, I did work to get this boy, and now I'm at the mercy of a 5 week old slave driver, but even still, I'm acutely aware of the amazing gift that this sweet little boy is to us. He represents faith and resilience in my life.
Quote of the day: " You have to learn to love your spouse, but you instantly love your babies."
No comments:
Post a Comment