I cannot believe that I only have two more weeks left until I'm hopefully holding our Wicker Bean #2! So dang exciting!
I am in full nesting mode, too. Dang, I can't seem to get enough done. I've officially conceded on the idea of having the house done-done. It's far from it. But within the last two months I've compartmentalized the areas that aren't going to be done, and I'm partially okay with it. But everything else, no way, I feel an intense urge for all to be settled and 'ready'.
But you know how life likes to throw curve balls...
It certainly doesn't help this nesting Mamma that we are very randomly having our 2011 taxes audited by the IRS and we just got a huge tax bill in the mail with ' two weeks to pay'. WHAAAAT! . We didn't prepare our taxes ourselves, so I thought all we needed to do was call our tax preparer and all would be well because certainly there was some error somewhere. oh no, " please submit < a ridiculous amount of documentation> to us, and we will review it and get back to you within 90 days. Well, I guess they don't know the IRS doesn't exactly just wait for their 90 day review process. Oh, and calling the IRS. That's a whole other joy. You must wait on the phone at least an hour to get someone on the line...and you pray and pray the entire time the person you get can actually assist you. Long story short, we decided to submit the ridiculous amount of documentation to the IRS for review because it looks to us like their reasons for the tax bill are bogus. We shall see.
On a fabulous note, and something else that's totally killing my cool, calm nesting ---our backyard has been hit by a mudslide and a small sink hole. No joke. We have a retaining wall in our backyard up against a conserved wooded hill area. Weeeeeelll..it rains A LOT in Georgia. And as of last weekend, it all came crashing down---quite literally, in our freshly sodded brand new back yard. Mud, standing water, erosion, and a sink hole in our backyard. OMG. And it's not the overnight fix that I want it to be. Tractors and equipment and digging and contractors will have to be brought in...whenever the rain decides to stop and the area has time to dry up. Yeeeaaa...right. Doesn't the weather man know this baby will be here in two weeks?! I have to be living in an alternate universe, right?
AND...we still have no progress on our moving company broken stuff claim. So two months later, we still have tons of broken furniture holding our garage hostage, empty rooms filled with clutter and boxes that all need to go into those rooms without furniture. For all of those who know me well, I hate it. I called the furniture adjuster last week to find out why in the heck it has been three weeks since he came out to do his assessment and he still hasn't gotten his report back to the moving company. No joke: his response was as follows: " I didn't want to have to tell people this, but within the last three weeks I've been hospitalized with a life threatening illness, I had to euthanize my dog, and both of my work computers crashed with all of your stored information on it, and I just got my computer fixed. And, of course, we had Christmas and New Year's thrown in there." No comment. True or not, REALLY??!
And I've become increasingly uncomfortable at night. Like, for real. To where I literally cannot sleep. It's the worst. My days are so full-on, that I dream of sleep, especially to prepare for the sleep deprivation that will be upon me for the next year in about two weeks. No position is without enough discomfort to let me sleep, so I just sit up in bed and try to fall asleep sitting up.
I'm sticking with no comment. I don't want to continue down the road of bashing life. So I need to switch gears.
As for the babe:
The baby is still high and has not dropped, so most days that makes me feel like I have a little time left. My Braxton Hicks are getting stronger though and I do feel more familiar vaginal pains that let me know things are moving in the right direction. But who knows, right. The body is in charge. I just like to think I am. :)
For all intents and purposes, we are totally ready for baby though. The bassinet, the monitor, the swings, the co sleeper, all of our bags and hospital stuff, all of his things are washed and ready to go...so we'll be fine. ...if I can find a way to mentally let go of all this other crud. I'm praying! Feel free to join me, please!
No comments:
Post a Comment