Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wicker Bean Sweet Pea #2 Update

I can't believe I've actually left my midwife in Texas, whom to say I love is an understatement. So so sad about it. But it's defintely not just all a dream because I saw my new midwife and perinatologist here in Georgia for the first time yesterday. It was all a little different too. :)

Side note, the day I had these two appointments was also our five year anniversary. Kevin surprised me and took off of work to stay home with Preston so I didn't have to drag him all over town during his nap time! AWESOME GIFT! Because it was a 7 hour day for me out of the house and lots and lots of being all over the place with lots of confusion. :) Almost killed myself by TURNING DOWN A ONE WAY STREET IN DOWNTOWN! Good grief. :) Even though I was busy all day, it was soooo nice to be able to do it alone. When I got home Preston was rested and napped, fed, and there was a beautiful bouquet of Birds of Paradise flowers waiting for me and the most amazing, sweet letter from Kevin. (Birds of Paradise is what flower our wedding was done in. Good job, Kevin! ) And then we went out for a lovely steak and seafood dinner. It was perfect.

Back to the appointments--The big downside is that I have to drive an hour to get there---if it's NOT during rush hour--much longer if it is, to get to both of them. Both practices are in downtown Atlanta. Very much like downtown Dallas, hectic all the time. My practices are in two different hospitals downtown, which means this very directionally challenged woman has to mess with traffic, one way streets, and paid parking lots. AND, lets just say the area fits the stereotype of typical inner city with Projects, panhandling, loitering, and boarded up homes and apartment buildings all over downtown. Just a new culture to get comfortable with. :)

Sadly, I found the hospital that I will be delivery at pretty much matched the profile I saw outdoors in downtown Atlanta. Wasn't impressed. Seemed dingy and icky. Lets hope this awesome midwife group would not be practicing out of this hospital if care standards were subpar. But the midwife was great. She was much more thorough than many providers I've seen before. She took a lot of time with me, asked a lot of questions, and answered all of mine. We seem to be on the same page as far as holistic care, nutrition, and supplements. So a good first visit! The baby sounded great on doppler and my fundal height was a little ahead.  Since I'm starting the last trimester, they will begin seeing me every 2-3 weeks, then once a week once I hit 36 weeks. Not looking forward to this long drive and "event" every two weeks with Preston in tow, but we make it through everything else together, so we'll manage great.

The perinatologist visit went very well, too. He was super nice, and calm. I can't say for sure, but the doc may be a Buddhist. LOL Not that it matters.  There there were Buddah statues all over the practice, meditation music was on in every room, along with large waterfalls, and everything was painted calm, soft blues.  And the doctor talked a lot about "balance" of the body and mind and has an incredibly calm energy, was soft spoken, and smiled the entire time. I sure loved his vibe! Great for high energy people like me who need reassurance.

He said he does not need to see me back and I am cleared to be as active as I want. The baby looks awesome! Whoo hooo!

Here are some stats. I was 27w5days:

My cervix measured 4.5cm vaginally. Wow, super long!
The baby weighed 2.8#'s
He is measuring 28 weeks
He is in the 36th percentile
He is projected based on his weight now to weigh 7.8#'s at delivery
The cord and placenta looked normal
Fluid level 16.8 cm--Great
Placenta is now posterior! Huh.
And I weigh 131#! I have gained another 4# in the last month, although my midwife said she is not concerned either. But geeeeeez!!

Here are some pics of the man! He was quite the mover on screen, too. His foot was by his head with his hands between his legs. He is head down with his face facing my spine, and curled around my right side with his butt under my ribs. Just the place his big bro liked to lay too. He was opening and closing his mouth over and over on screen. So already a talker like his Mamma. :)






They look a little scary in 2D at this stage because they don't have a lot of fat on their face. :) My little alien.



Good continues to amaze us, be so faithful and good. We know with certainty that all of this is by His hand and by his ordination. Very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment