Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Busy Life of a One Year Old

Well, Preston's ( and mine) schedule is booking up quite fast. Love Spring and Summer! Love getting out in the sun.

I have started working out, at a gym, ( this was an agreement between Kevin and I once I went on bed rest while pregnant and saw how much muscle mass I lost) now that I've adjusted to being a mom and having Preston on a good, manageable schedule, I'm ready to take on the daunting task.  My legs looks horribly skinny and I want to feel and look better before we even attempt baby #2. So Preston goes with me to the gym and hangs out in the kid/baby sitting area while I work out. I try to do this three times a week at least.

Swim lessons start in a couple of weeks, and will be on Friday mornings. So excited to do this with my sweet friends and their babies. Preston's swim gear is all ready to go. Sadly, not sure how many pics I will be able to get of this though, since I'll be the only one there with him.

Preston and I have joined a couple of Mom groups so that I can make new friends and he can make new kiddo friends and hone those social skills--not that he's lacking. :) We try to do this once a week.

Of course, we go to church on Sunday's and Preston also gets some time in the nursery with other kids, which is great for him. But I'm also thinking about joining a women's Bible study group that meets on Tuesday mornings. Preston would stay in the nursery during this time also. I am trying to get out and do things that will enable Preston lots of time to socialize with other kiddos and learn to be around other adults. We played with the idea of enrolling him in " school" twice a week once he's 18 months ( this is when they allow babies to start enrolling), but after I called and got the run down on how his day would look while at school, we decided to wait one more school year to enroll him, so when he's two and a half. I'm not really ready to have him gone two half days anyway. Plus, it's really expensive.

At least one day a week I host a play date at our house with one of my besties and her baby and the baby she baby sits.

Our neighborhood pool opens up at the end of the month, so I plan to have pool dates with P often, too. Can't wait!

And every Friday Preston and I always get out and have lunch with my two besties, Cat and Angela, and their girls. I always look forward to Fridays! We have high chairs galore. It's quite funny.

Preston and I also make a habit of hitting up the local park/pond so he can swing and eat lots of wood chips at the park. We also make sure to bring bread so we can visit with and feed the ducks. We love getting out and doing this at least once a week. He loves the ducks!

And, of course, we always have lots of running and errands to do, so it seems we're out and about a lot. Preston and I love to get out and walk in the local Town Center  to get some sunshine or go sit and have lunch together. I never thought I would like eating lunch out without another adult, but it's great. He's like my mini bestie. :)

We all hit up Preston's cousin's bday party this past weekend. Preston had a blast! He owned that party and was right in the mix of present opening. I could not keep him away from stealing tissue paper from her gift bags!

We are headed out to the Ranger game with one of Kevin's coworkers next week, too. Preson's first Ranger game--whoo hooo! I'm not sure how sitting with a one year old for three hours is going to go down, but I hope we at least get some good photo ops. :)

And Mother's Day is this weekend! So excited! We shall see what Preston has up his sleeve for his Mamma. :)

Mr. P is doing great all the way around. He does have a bit of a cold right now, I think he picked up something from church. But, it's good for his immune system. He is doing better with his cup drinking and he's still growing and changing by the second. So big now! He's totally a little dude...that looks more and more like his Daddy by the day! Man, they are little twins. :)

Much love to you all.



We went to a local city fair/rodeo thing a couple of weeks ago, and Preston had no desire to be pushed around in his stroller, he wanted to walk! And he was mesmerized by the bushes. He would not leave the branches alone.


First bite of funnel cake! It was a hit, of course. :)



Don't all one year old gets to play with margarita cups from Fat Tuesday's? :)



One of his most fav toys, a water jug.

 Talking and yellin' all the time.


Most beautiful thing I've seen. :)

Havin' fun with Dad at Hannah's birthday party!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you get out and do so much with Preston! That's incredible! I too am looking forward to summer and enrolling Aiden in swimming lessons. It's going to be so much fun to watch our little guys explore and be active outdoors!

    ReplyDelete