What a crazy whirlwind the last couple of weeks have been, and it looks like the next 6 weeks or so will be the same. We have lots on the agenda. Don't we always, I guess. :)
Big news! Preston is getting his first tooth! It started to cut through late last week. He is getting his far right lower central incisor. It is the cuuuuuutest little thing! He keeps wondering what the thing in this mouth it. He keeps rubbing his tongue and lip over the top of the tooth. Other than not wanting to take ANY naps for the last week, he is acting normal. He is in good spirits and is no cranky. So who knows what the nap thing is about. You know Preston and his sleep...or lack thereof.
Mr. Preston will be sporting some new hardware in the near future, a helmet,,,for sure. A decision has been made after a lot of back and forth. After very thoughtful consideration, a talk with this ped about it, and after getting a second opinion from a cranial orthotic center, it looks like he does def have a head shape that will not change on its own. As I suspected, his head being wedged in my pelvis for four months straight has caused his skull to become molded. His situation has nothing to do with laying on his back too much after birth. He will probably be getting his helmet in about a month or so. We first have to work out all the insurance/money stuff....ohhh fun..not.
Preston is doing great with eating solids. He is now onto prunes, which he actually really likes. Of course, the entire process is still very messy and he is really not swallowing too much as he is still learning what to do with food in his mouth, but he is making improvement every day. And he really seems to like it. Today he actually started opening his mouth on his own when I raised the spoon and he actually kept some in his mouth and swallowed. Good job, Preston! I'm making his food. Just buying fruits and veggies, steaming and then pureeing them, and then freezing small portions for individual feedings. It's super fun! I like knowing exactly what he's eating--no preservatives or additives. He is going to be trying some brown rice next, I'll report back on how he likes it.
This weekend we will be headed out to or local farmer's market for a farm tour, pumpkin patch expedition, and a hay ride. I can't wait! I think I'm equally excited about the pics I will take!
Kevin and I are doing great. Life is good. As I mentioned, we have stuff on the agenda and as things become more for sure, I will report back on those.
Here are some pics from the last week to quench your Preston thirst. :)
Eatin' Mamma's face
Haaappy baby!
Look at that cute belly
6 MONTHS OLD!!!
Practicing sitting up
He loooves those feet
Being silly Preston
.jpg)
He looks like such a happy boy and he's growing so much! Bummer he has to have a helmet, but I'm glad that there is something they can do to help him. The farmer's market will be so fun, I hope you get lots of pictures!
ReplyDelete