Tuesday, June 24, 2014

We've Missed you Tejas!

Well, we just got back from a wonderful, amazing ( insert any other stellar adjective you can think of here) trip back home to lovely Texas. I sure have miiiiissed home. My heart was so so happy the entire time while there. Wow. So hard to believe it's over and we are already back in Georgia. We are sad to be back, actually.

The boys had a wooonderful time. A busy, sleep deprived time with far too many hours and miles in the car, over 2500 miles in 11 days, to be exact, BUT, it was well worth it for all the fun and sweet memories that were made. They got to see all their grandparents and some great grandparents and were showered with super sweet quality time and fun moments. I loved loved watching them explore new relationships with family and have so much fun and really be poured into. Definitely the highlight of the trip for me. Love my boys. And I'm so grateful for our families loving on our boys and gifting their spirits. It was incredibly lovely to witness.

Both boys were totally sleep deprived after all the car riding and missed or late or disrupted sleep but they were troopers and pulled through. I'm so proud of Preston for being such a great sleeper. Brooks on the other hand, oh man, that guy screamed so much in the car---it just about killed this Mamma. Talk about some extreme heart ache. He, on the other hand, is not a good sleeper. ( In his defense, just like Preston was in his first year, it is probably no fault of his own, rather our fault for not instilling good sleep routines from the very beginning). This made the trip a little precarious. He literally does not sleep unassisted---he must be held. So this was very frustrating for Kevin and I, as it hindered some visiting time. Thankful for our gracious parents.

We began our trip in DFW and then headed to Houston. We stayed with Kevin's parents in DFW, then my parents in Houston. I don't know that I would do a cross country trip with a two year old and a four month old again...but, I'm certainly not complaining. We had an amazing visit and are sooo sooo happy and blessed by going home. I think we all four needed it. Mine and Kevin's hearts have been inundated with soo many big todos and life changes since last September that we had grown really weary and tired, and really homesick. We will def have to keep the trips a coming so we can stay connected to home. We hope to go back sometimes at the end of the year, too! I already can't wait!

Today I am incredibly homesick and soo soo sad to be back, as I realize more than ever Georgia is not home. I'm really really trying to get to a place where I can see Georgia as somewhat of a home as we have to stay here a minimum of one more year per his job commitment. Praying for a change of heart so we can feel true contentment here in the meantime.



Here are some pics from the trip. I just realized with all the visiting and talking I was doing I did not take pics of everyone we visited! So bummed! But here is what I have. :)

 Brooks soo ready to be home after 14 hours in the car on the ride home

 Preston climbing in Grandpa's tree

 Dinner with two great couple friends. Us ladies happened to catch all the guys with all of our little babies. So sweet

 Soooo excited these three were reunited. Kendall, Chamblee, and Preston

 Kevin's Mom meeting Mr. Brooks for the first time

 Kevin's Grandmother meeting Brooks!


 Present time! A " tow fruck" from GrandMary and Gampy.

 GrandMary and Brooks

 Gampy and Brooks

 My Grandmother meeting Brooks too


 Preston playing with cousin Anthony


 Oh my, isn't this the sweetest!

 Unlce Mikey meeting Baby B



 Baby Brooks chillin poolside

 Kevin, Preston, and Mikey taking a swim

 Baby B getting ready for some pool time with Dad


 Uncle Mike

 Grandpa playing with cousin Layla and Preston


 Uncle Bubba snuggling with sweet B after pool time


   Cousin Layla was such a good " Mamma"!


Preston's first time on a sit and spin!

 Hiding under the table with cousin Layla

 Wearing Uncle Bubba's boots

 Uncle Kevin with new niece baby Harper

 Aunt Jacey and Baby B
 Papa meeting Baby B for the first time

 Cousin Layla, Baby B, and Uncle George

Preston getting some tickles from Uncle Bubba

 P playing with cousin Layla. P sure wanted to play at the wheel and Layla sure wasn't keen on sharing. :)
 Grandpa and P taking a stroll

 Great dinner with GrandMary and Gampy

 Date Night to Kemah!! I had a margarita, too! Soo fun! Thank you, Nana!

 Miss Texas!

 F-650??!! Only in Texas. :)

 Dad teaching Preston to float on his back. Preston was so trusting. So sweet.

 For 24 hours while at my parents house, Preston ran a super high fever. He passed out in the chair. He has never ever fallen asleep anywhere other than his bed, ever. This is how I knew this guy was tired and felt horrible.
 Baby B, Nana, Grandpa, and Preston ( who did not want to take this pic) :)

 Nana, Preston, and Mamma taking full advantage of this sick little Preston. Gotta get our cuddles in when we can!

 Pool side again ...

 Kevin, P, and Uncle Mike catching some rays


Preston was telling Uncle Mike to " go under"!


We loooved this trip, and are soo sad it's over, but soooo thankful for seeing so many wonderful faces. It sure was nice to be back in familiar territory. Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment