Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lovin' Christmas Time

We are thoroughly enjoying some Christmas spirit around here. We loooove Christmas! The joy of celebrating our Savior's birthday and being able to share this very special time of year with Mr. Preston for the very first time! It's incredibly exciting!!

Regretfully, we are STILL unpacking. Life keeps on going and there is always lots of other stuff on the agenda, and with having a little one that you have to be hands on with, progress is slooooow. I pretty much despise how slow things are moving. Uhg. But it is what it is, and Kevin and I are working as best we can, but we're not going to let it take away from our holiday spirit.

This past weekend Mr. P went to his first Christmas festival/parade and got to meet Frostie and pose with Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause. It was surreal to finally be a Mamma who gets to sit my bay on Santa's lap.  So much fun.

Preston is continuing to change everyday. He is a mover and a goer, I tell ya. He has been struggling with more intermittent fevers from an unknown origin...? ..so we're continuing to monitor things. This is slowing down our progress with his helmet, as every time he has a fever we have to take the helmet off. But other than this, Mr. Preston is fabulous and as cute as ever.

I know, I know, we're behind, but we still have not decorated or put up our tree! But we are doing it this weekend. We are so excited to begin some family Christmas traditions with Preston.

Since Preston has two teeth, we have been brushing his teeth. He has learned to looove his toothbrush. Thank goodness! Hopefully this will carry him into having good oral hygiene skills as a teenager. :)

Kevin is working on lots of projects at work, so he has been working long days everyday for the past month or so, and with no end in sight. This means my days are long too. Preston's up at 6am, which is when Dad leaves the house, and Dad doesn't get home until 630pm or so. I've been struggling with some loneliness. I think some of this has definitely been brought on by the move. I become very attached to my surroundings and my routines, even inanimate things, so a big change like a move, especially when I haven't been able to put the new house back in order and things are still chaotic, really makes me miss our old house and " old life" a lot. We moved only about 10 miles from our old house, but it's also ten miles further from our friends, entertainment, shopping, and such. So for now, I'm feeling a little isolated. But I know as this new house becomes our home this feeling with dissipate. It will just take time. And on a side note, it seems that every time I do get out and go have a play with with one of my friends and their kids, Preston ALWAYS gets sick right after playing with them. I guess this might be normal, but it's kind of discouraging when it happens every time.

Okay, no more weepy talk. I am insanely blessed and I know when I look back on these moments, even the chaos of moving with a baby right around Thanksgiving and Christmas, it will be a funny, sweet memory.

Here are some pics from what we've been up to lately.



Christmas Celebration/Parade



 Meeting his very first horse :)



He looved Frostie and was sooo interested!



Reading books with Mamma..


Now, does it get any cuter than this, people?


Waiting in line to see Santa while chewing on a straw

Santa's Elf! ( He had just woken up from a nap, hence the very sleepy face)

Santa! Santa! Santa!

8 Months old! It IS exciting!


Practicing (playing) with his toothbrush.  :)


Wrong end, but that's okay. I'll take it.


So that's the latest! Sooo excited for this holiday season! We are feeling incredibly blessed to be sharing it with Preston here in person this year. He is certainly proof that God does answer prayers.

1 comment:

  1. He is changing so much! It's so tough getting settled and adjusted to a new home. It's amazing how even 10 miles can feel much farther away when it comes to moving too. Thinking of you guys and hoping Preston's fevers will stop. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete