Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Surgery Day

So when do things slow down? I don't have but a few minutes at the moment, so I can't go into everything in detail, but, geez, I'm so incredibly exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically. uhhh....

But no time to cry over spilled milk...tomorrow is surgery day for me. Getting rid of those kidney stones on my left kidney bright and early tomorrow--starting at 7am. So the plan is to feed Mr. Preston around 5am, right before I have to leave the house, and my sister will be staying home with Preston...a fussy, crying, very upset Mr. Preston as he's sure to be wondering why he's not being nursed. Lets hope he gets hungry enough to finally take a bottle again. I will find out how long it will take for the anesthetic to be out of my system, but I'm thinking I will likely have to not nurse him for at least 12 hours. Oh joy. It's surely going to break my heart hearing him cry. 

Please pray for a seamless surgery with absolutely no complications. And please pray for my sister to be able to handle an upset Mr. P while we're gone tomorrow morning. And for Kevin to be strengthened while he cares me for and Preston. 

We've had a ton of crappy stuff come up within the last week and a half which has kept us from getting unpacked and settled--we still have so much cleaning and unpacking to do. Our garage is full! We are still eating from tupperware bowls, and Kevin just now found his deodorant. LOL My sister leaves on Sunday. And I'm feeling very sad about her leaving and all that still has to be done around here. Kevin has been working longer hours, so he's gone from 6-6pm...so ..you get what's happening. It's pretty lonely. 

We have also been diligently preparing our (old) house and getting all necessary paperwork items in place for our new tenants. They will be moving into our house this weekend. So we have some meetings with them over the next week, and then, that open area will be closed for a while. Thank goodness. Kevin and I are really needing things to settle. 

Other news...Preston's helmet was not made properly. I mean, it fits, but it's a "messy" fit according to the staff of the helmet place. Plus, we noticed that it was swiveling all around his head and leaving red marks..so he will be getting a new helmet the day before Thanksgiving, but he is still wearing the first helmet during wake hours until the new one comes in. 

Please pray for us. We are feeling overwhelmed and kinda feel like we're hanging on most days. I think Preston must be feeling it to. ..or MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE HAS JUST STARTED CRAWLING THIS WEEK!! You can't keep him put these days!  But he is waking about 4 times a night and wanting to start his day around 530 am every morning. We are soo tired. We have no idea what's happening. He has really regressed. 

Here is a little sneak peak of the man in his newest accessory. TOO CUUUTE! But you can see how it squishes his eyes and forehead too much. :) 

I'll update more as soon as I can! 

1 comment: